Asst Vice President/HR Strategy & Business Consulting
HR support for client group Leaders, Managers and Employees on organizational and employee matters, as well as coaching, HR process expertise and other general HR activities.
Provides executive leadership for the HR Operations; Employee Relations and HR Business Consulting teams.
People and Performance Planning
- Ensures HR solutions for clients are in alignment with both departmental and institutional strategic priorities. Provides direction to reporting teams as well as other HR functional leaders that supports both clients and the institution. Elevates team members and clients thinking by infusing best practice knowledge into the work. Leads the selection, development, mentoring and coaching of direct and indirect reports. Ensures that Medical Center initiatives, strategic priorities, standards, and policies are effectively communicated and understood by the HR Business Consulting, Operations, and Employee Relations teams. Responsible for assisting clients with strategic planning, workforce planning and determining the corresponding financial implications. Partner with the appropriate HR and operations leaders to develop and monitor effective and appropriate strategies and programs relating to attracting, hiring and retaining top performers, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Establishes strategic direction for the HR service delivery model, in alignment with Centers of Expertise and HR Business Partner functions to support effective tiered service for staff and leaders. Provides leadership for the design of operational processes to be delivered through a centralized service model, including delivery of services directly to managers and employees; processing of HR transactions; advising and offering on-demand support to managers; investigating and resolving employee relations concerns and claims/charges; ensuring adherence with service level standards, reporting, and data quality; day to day interaction with outside vendors.
- Provides direction to the HR leaders in the areas of HR Operations, HR Business Consulting, Employee Relations, as well as members of the HR Leadership Team (HRLT). Collaborates with HRLT and organizational executive leadership on long-term and short-term planning. Supports the strategic priorities through targeted, innovative and responsive solutions. Serves as an organizational advocate and proactive partner with business leaders. Serves as a champion for an inclusive organizational culture that values diversity and an exceptional employee experience for all. Accountability for the financial management functions for the department. Develop, implement and evaluate the department's annual and capital budget to achieve the organizational and departmental objectives. Recommend a salary budget supporting the required FTE's to meet departmental needs; monitor expense; evaluate variances, determine underlying causes and identify, present, and implement proposed solutions. Ensure compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures.
- Supports the strategic priorities of client leaders through targeted, innovative and responsive human resources solutions. Serves as an organizational advocate and thought partner with business leaders. Leads the development, design and implementation of strategies and HR programs that meet workforce needs. Works closely with business, clinical and HR leadership to determine strategic priorities. Collaborates with the HR leadership team, business and operational leaders and gains senior leader support and alignment. Assesses each functional team's performance over time and drives continuous improvement initiatives to deliver root cause solutions and redesign services and team structure based upon the needs of the institution. Ensures team's resources are directed to meet client needs. Develops long and short term strategies. Ensure development and maintenance of policies and practices in support of human resource processes. Serve as an expert resource to leaders about human resource programs, practices, and processes. Develop and deliver effective communication plans and educational training to leaders and updates for Human Resources staff.
- Partner with HR Leaders to develop, review and implement human resource policies consistent with organizational strategy and direction. Analyze trends, recommend and implement solutions to resolve human resource issues. Monitor and ensure consistent and equitable employment related practices organization wide. Maintain current knowledge of laws and regulations related to personnel management as well as employee relations. Monitor legislative updates and changes to case law to ensure compliance, assess impact on policies and practices and recommend revisions when necessary. Respond to claims/charges filed with government agencies and recommend the appropriate course of action. Ensure compliance with EEO, ADA and Affirmative action programs. Provide oversight for Worker's Compensation and Unemployment claims.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Min of 4-5 yrs of experience leading other leaders within the Employee Relations function AND leading in a large complex organization
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).