Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits CINCINNATI MUSEUM CENTER
Job Title: Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits
Reports To: Senior Director, HR & Payroll
FLSA Status: Exempt
The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Coordinator, Payroll & Benefits supports Cincinnati Museum Center, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center and all other subsidiaries and is directly responsible for payroll, electronic time keeping, PTO and related accruals, benefits administration including open enrollment and benefit bill reconciliation, retirement plan administration including supporting annual audit.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of organization policies for PTO, deferred compensation, benefits, sick leave, etc., to provide excellent customer service to employees with any payroll/benefit question.
- Stay current with governmental regulations that impact employee taxation and benefits
- Review information from time keeping systems, bringing concerns to manager attention
- Research issues in time and attendance, payroll, and employee requests
- Input and update employee Federal, State, and Local payroll taxes, direct deposit information, garnishments
- Maintain time keeping systems banked vacation records, sick APTO and other related accruals
- Reconcile benefit monthly billing to current payroll records and resolve differences
- Prepare check requests for garnishments
- Maintain reconciliations of voluntary employee deductions and resolve differences
- Determine retirement plan eligibility according to retirement plan document.
- Assistant in compliance reporting and/or auditing including but not limited to W-2s. ACA, EEO-1, 5500’s, retirement plan audit, benefits filings, annual financial audits, tax return filings,
- Provide training to employees and managers on PTO, Benefits, Time keeping, Scheduling etc.
- Keep track of FMLA leave requests from employees.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr Director, HR & Payroll, CFO and VP, Administration, and other members of the organization.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in payroll processing, benefits administration
- Understanding of payroll laws and regulations
- Experience with Paycor is a plus.
- Ability to handle difficult, sensitive, and confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep projects well organized and appropriately prioritized
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision and cooperatively with all levels within the organizations.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborative environment
- Experience with Paycor HRIS is a plus
Cincinnati Museum Center and the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast feeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Apply via email HR@cincymuseum.org or on website, www.cincymuseum.org/jobs