Director, Human Resources
Hillenbrand is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand's portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Rotex, Coperion, Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion, and Mold-Masters, in addition to Batesville.
When you join Hillenbrand & Rotex, you join a purpose-driven organization and become a member of our global team of creative problem solvers, innovators, and builders who shape what matters for tomorrow. At Hillenbrand, our role in the world is to be a leader of leaders. We are able to help our employees, customers, partners, and communities do more together than they can alone.
Rotex pioneered the dry separation industry and grew to become a global manufacturer of industrial separation equipment, becoming a subsidiary of Hillenbrand, Inc. in 2011. Rotex now sets the standards for maximizing yield and minimizing waste for a host of Fortune 500 companies in processing facilities around the world.
The Rotex story of superior separations starts with the people who work here. Our associates are our number-one asset; this fine group of people helped Rotex expand from a regional Cincinnati company to a strong global competitor. And we’re not done yet. We’re always looking for great people to add to our story and to help us write the next chapter in our history.
Rotex’s HR Team is growing! We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion to partner with the Rotex business to deliver value through talent strategies. You will partner with the President and his leadership team to ensure that the HR priorities and focus areas are matched to the short, medium and long term needs of the business, and that the organization is able to achieve its strategic growth objectives through attracting, developing, rewarding & retaining the necessary skills and resources. You will also drive execution with your global HR team to ensure effectiveness throughout the organization.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the business short, medium- and long-term HR priorities in accordance with the business Operating Plan and long-term Strategic Plan and the labor relations environment, in order that the HR function is appropriately focused to enable the business to achieve top level performance in all areas
- Help participate in M&A activities including due diligence and integration support
Organization Design / Development / Effectiveness:
- Continually drive the effectiveness of the business through developing organization design and leadership changes as appropriate, so that the organization is designed in the optimal way to ensure maximum business success
- Working with the internal compensation partners, ensure that the organization is compensated appropriately according to local market and industry practices, and in accordance with internal Hillenbrand compensation philosophy and business strategic requirements, in order that the business is able to attract, retain and motivate its employee base, whilst managing overall employee costs
Leadership & Employee Development:
- Ensure that managers throughout the organization have learning & development as an ongoing priority, and that they understand and drive the link between business performance and employee learning to that the business is able to drive performance through enhanced employee skills
- Take actions to increase, decrease or reshape the workforce profile, in order that the business operating targets are achieved
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to reduce vacancy rate and determine best strategies for talent attraction.
- Ensure that the Rotex HR organization, as well as the CoE stakeholders, are fully aware of business priorities, performance and challenges, in order that HR priorities throughout the org are aligned to business priorities
- Develop and manage team of direct and indirect reports, ensuring that the right people are in the right places, and taking any actions as required, in order that the business HR organization is designed, staffed and developed according to business needs
- B.S. Degree
- Minimum 8 years HR Management experience
- 3 years experience in a global matrix organization
- Labor Relations Experience
- MS Degree
- Experience of operating HR in a complex global and matrix organization, with relatively independent and remote locations
- Experience leading HR activity internationally
- Solid understanding of global HR practices, legislation and employment cultures – and how to get results in a global HR environment
- Process orientation and project management skills
- High level of both written and verbal Communication Skills, capable of adapting style and tone according to the situation and audience
- Customer Focused, demonstrating success through a ‘Voice of the Customer’ approach
- An excellent manager of people, skilled in motivation and development of a team (direct and indirect reports)
- Demonstration of a high level of personal integrity
· Cincinnati, OH or Louisville, KY
· May require travel to global locations up to 30%
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Rotex is committed to a diverse workforce.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.