Director of Legal Recruiting & Professional Development
Keating Muething & Klekamp has a full-time opening for The Director of Legal Recruiting and Professional Development. The Director shall have responsibility for all legal recruiting, professional development programs, and diversity/inclusion initiatives for the firm. The Director will evaluate, design, and implement legal recruiting strategies and processes as well as professional development and diversity/inclusion initiatives to achieve the goals and strategies of the firm’s strategic plan and coordinate such efforts with the attorneys and staff.
- Lead all legal hiring initiatives, including on-campus interviewing, in-house interviewing, lateral hiring, and summer program
- Lead new Associate onboarding, orientation, and on-going mentoring
- Review all resumes, update applicant tracking system and maintain recruiting database
- Serve as firm representative on National Association for Law Placement (NALP)
- Update firm resume for law students and law schools
- Update comparative associate salary information and provide recommendations to the Managing Partner, Associate Committee Chairperson, and Executive Director
- Develop professional relationships and serve as a liaison with select law schools and bar associations
- Coordinate and organize two firm-sponsored CLE seminars per year along with Business Development and Information Resource Directors, including execution of seminar
- Plan, organize and execute professional development initiatives and programs across the firm as determined appropriate
- Maintain legal recruiting pages on the firm website, including timely updates for open positions
- Serve as an active member on Associate Committee, Diversity Committee, and Women’s Initiative Committee. Responsibilities include providing relevant information and recommendations regarding associate compensation and benefits, professional development initiatives, and retention-related programs. Director is also responsible for organizing and executing an annual diversity case competition.
- Develop and coordinate programs and initiatives as determined appropriate after consultation with the Managing Partner, Practice Group Leaders, and the Executive Director.
- Prepare annual legal recruiting and professional development budget for the firm and each practice group, and evaluate hiring-related expenses with the Managing Partner, Executive Director, and Practice Group Leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of relevant professional experience in legal recruiting, legal industry or professional services
- Familiarity with legal services provided throughout the firm, to enhance recruiting
- Ability to communicate with and gain the confidence of lawyers and staff
- Ability to adapt to and work within the firm’s culture
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Highly organized and ability to work independently and with a team
- Able to manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments
- Problem solver, creative thinker, good judgment
- “People” person, particularly relative to the ability to judge the “fit” of applicants for available positions
- Ability to build relationships
- Responsive and willing to take initiative; high energy