HR Generalist (Bilingual)
Metro is seeking an Human Resources Generalist (Bilingual) who will be responsible for performing HR related duties in all or some of the following functional areas: recruitment, onboarding, training, policy implementation and compliance. The HR Generalist (Bilingual) supports the goals of the organization to build and maintain a diverse workplace; leading as the outreach recruiter to identify and hire the best talent to position the company as an Employer of Choice.
- Lead community outreach liaison responsible for developing community agency partnerships for recruiting; with concentration in the Latinx and Spanish speaking communities.
- Build Spanish speaking applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, media, and internet sites
- Consistent attendance at partner agency recruiting and networking events to build strong relationships;
- Maintain applicable memberships with partner agencies, serving as representative for Metro on agency committees, partner with agencies in coordinating community events for recruiting opportunities
- Develop communications and presentations in Spanish
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments reference/background checking, makes recommendations or hire (or not hire), prepare and extend offers of employment to select applicants.
- Maintain the electronic personnel requisition and assure proper approvals of positions.
- Maintain the electronic applicant tracking system on the Metro website.
- Review and evaluate applicant's work history, education, training, and other qualifications.
- Inform candidates of job duties/responsibilities, compensation and benefits programs, work schedule/conditions, etc.
- Schedule pre-employment physicals and drug testing.
- Collaborate with hiring manager to determine employment and staffing needs.
- Advertise open positions on websites and attend career fairs.
- Maintain necessary reports and spreadsheets, to include but not limited to applicant tracking, open positions, approved positions, monthly EEO reporting, etc.
- Organize, maintain and conduct new hire orientation with all new employees.
- Secure employee and applicant private and personal information in the strictest confidence, to include but not limited to HIPAA and identity.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate in hiring, promotion or employee/supervisor relations based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) required.
- Three or more years related experience preferred
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in Spanish and English. Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills required.
- PHR/SPH or CP/SCP from the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) or certification from a related professional association preferred.
- Persuasive consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development.
- Provides constructive feedback.
- Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving.
- Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- Initiative – Ability to take on a task or plan of action when needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, HRIS, web-based applications, internet and email required.
- Knowledge of current employment laws