HR Market Manager-FT
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you’re provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
This position is a business partner with store and market leadership to ensure that the assigned stores sustain an environment where each team member can maximize their individual and team performance. Leads and implements proactive, effective and consistent delivery of Human Resource solutions, programs and services for two to three assigned markets. Under the supervision of the Regional HR Director applies the equitable application of organizational policies and procedures and ensures Meijer’s continued reputation as an employer of choice. Works collaboratively with store, market and regional leadership, regional recruiter, regional HR team and corporate partners to ensure that top talent is sourced, acquired, developed and retained at every level in the store. This includes active partnership and collaboration to build strong store teams, identify gaps and present solutions, implementation and assessment of human resource activity. Additionally, the role investigates team member concerns and seeks to resolve employee relations issues or violations while addressing root-cause issues. This role also manages grievances and the dispute resolution process, provides daily consultation to ensure the standard of just cause has been met, assists in delivery and adjustments to the electronic discipline system, and audits the store organization to ensure compliance of internal policies, state, local and federal laws.
.What You'll be Doing:
- Proactively identify issues and solutions to implement and support complex region/market projects and initiatives.
- Investigates employee complaints or policy violations.
- Manages grievance/dispute resolution process.
- Conducts needs assessments, training, the facilitation of small and large groups in meetings and workshops, and partners in the resolution of employee relations issues.
- Provides consultation, direction and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective actions, terminations and EEOC matters affecting employment.
- Provides interpretation of company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation, benefits administration and workers’ compensation.
- Trains leadership on best practices regarding employee and labor relations.
- Case log data entry and maintenance.
- Provides language interpretation and administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Identify, monitor and assess need for team member and leadership development.
- Coordinate with business partners to implement, deliver, support and assess effectiveness of training and development solutions in the areas of new team member orientation & on-boarding, instructor led learning experiences, online and on-the-job training.
- Collaborate with regional HR team on the development of effective performance management including performance appraisals, giving and receiving feedback, competency development and assessments.
- Lead a variety of engagement activities and processes both corporately and regionally applied, such as round tables, orientation, on-boarding, culture surveys, etc.
- Supports talent management strategies through engagement with and monitoring of team members in pivotal or rotational roles.
- Facilitates career paths, succession planning and workforce planning discussions.
- Coaches Store Directors, Line Leaders and Team Leaders on how to maximize performance.
- Recruitment and retention of team members to include interviewing and on-boarding.
- Leadership, coordination and collaboration with partners on a wide range of regional projects such as new store opening process, retention and recruitment strategies, process improvement, etc.
- Implementation of change management initiative by communicating effectively, taking the lead in change management within market(s), and ensuring accountability for change.
- Measures various areas of compliance and performance (standards, meeting reports, etc.), with synthesis of multiple data points to appropriately respond and effectively communicate next actions or solutions.
- Participates in community events, under the direction of Regional Human Resource Director, that support the mission of the region, such as United Way or other organizations as applicable to the market/region.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required. Store assignments may be added or changed as required.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor degree is preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Previous case management experience (to include corrective action processes, termination, conflict mediation, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn HR systems applications.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions.