Human Resources Director
Empire Packing is now part of JBS Foods, a global, diversified protein company creating delicious products for customers and consumers around the world. We are driven by our mission to be the best and committed to responsibly producing products people trust and enjoy.
Empire Packing is a meat processing company with open jobs for full-time general labor, maintenance, and skilled positions. Most work is performed in a cold environment. If you want to work, we have jobs.Responsible for Employee Relations.
- Actively seek out employees to investigate issues and complaints to mitigate any legal or compliance-related risks.
- Develop relationships with Leads, Supervisors and Managers.
- Develops trust so that employees are comfortable sharing with HR.
- Partners with management to implement and interpret Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote employee engagement.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement; Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills.
- Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" .
- A strong solution focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions ·
- Advises management about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act(FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, Worker’s Compensations, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA), and so forth.
Responsible for all plant staffing.
- Manages all new employee recruitment, orientation, and training, either through primary function or through performance of subordinates.
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the department, and company strategic goals.
- Ensures administrative, management, and production employee retention at the plant is maintained at an acceptable level.
- Participates in administrative staff meeting and attends other meeting and seminars.
- Assists with the monitoring of an annual budget.
- Uses knowledge, experience, and continuous interpretation of plant dynamics to help understand and determine the training and educational needs of the production employees and administrative, management employees.
Act as primary Union contact.
- Keeps communication lines open with Plant Union stewards and other Union Representatives.
- Participates in Second Level Grievance procedure.
- Will have a role in collective bargaining.
Responsible for Plant compensation program.
- Insure compensation wage ranges are consistent with corporate Salary Administration guidelines.
Responsible for developing and maintaining employee performance appraisal system.
- Make sure annual reviews are conducted and employees have the ability to comment on their appraisals.
Create HR reports based on needs.
- Manages the maintenance of the Human Resources sections of both Internet, particularly recruiting, culture, and company information: and Intranet sites.
- Maintains employee-related databases. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Fully utilizes Human Resources software to the company’s advantage.
May assume other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field and 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet software; Microsoft Office Suite; Payroll Database software.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Go to Apply:
Empire Packing (empirepk.com)