Human Resources Manager
NOTICE OF OPEN POSITION
TITLE: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: Support Center
1520 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45206
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business, Human Resource (HR) Management or related degree required;
- Master’s degree in Public Administration,
- Business or HR Management preferred.
- Five years of human resources experience to include recruitment and retention strategies; employee benefits;
- HR administration; and use of Human Resource Information Software.
- Experience with a public sector employer, which indicates a demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local public employment, including Ohio Civil Service and related employment laws and regulations preferred.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency and meets agency driver’s insurability requirements.
DUTIES: (Not intended to describe all duties.)
Completes the following assigned HR related duties, including but not limited to:
- Execute recruitment and retention strategies across all levels that support the organization’s mission and strategic goals and meets the unique needs of each team or office;
- Oversee new employee “on-boarding” and orientation processes that supports a smooth and positive transition;
- Thoughtfully apply knowledge of HR law and compliance and maintain close relationship with HR Director to escalate matters as needed;
- Lead creative employee recognition and appreciation programs;
- Implement inclusion and diversity strategies that promote a sense of genuine belonging;
- Manage employee leave & benefits and oversee Workers Compensation procedures;
- Guide consistent and meaningful employee performance evaluation processes;
- Lead in-house training and development sessions for HR related topics;
- Maintain personnel files, position descriptions, essential functions, and classification specifications;
- Complete and/or assist with employment related investigations.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal rules & regulations; assists director with the completion of state and federal reports; completes salary surveys as needed; assists with personnel related surveys; provides oversight to ensure ADA & Family & Medical Leave compliance; prepares reports upon request.
- Maintains the agency personnel manual (i.e., conducts research, makes interpretation, makes recommendations & updates agency personnel policies & procedures); oversees compliance of the current Personnel Policies and Procedures for agency staff; assists with the interpretation and implementation of all personnel related state and federal laws and mandates.
- Participates on committees organized to address strategic goals or initiatives and/or to review and seek solutions to agency problems or needs.
- Attends various meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc. to maintain knowledge of HR related matters.
- Travels to other work sites in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in accordance with agency policy.
- Provides support to agency employees, responds to questions and assists with resolving problems related to employment or benefits.
- Demonstrates a sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Promotes the culture of the organization by building relationships, connecting with employees and exemplifying our values: innovation, stewardship, collaboration, respect, equity
Pay Range starts at: $72,252.05 (starting salary based on experience; 36.25 hours/week)
Generous Health and Dental Insurance Plans
Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System
Please apply online at:
- Our website www.hamiltondds.org (Careers) or
- Hamilton County website www.hamilton-co.org (Employment, Job Announcements)
All applications must be submitted by July 20, 2021 at 9:00am.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE