Human Resources Specialist
Job no: 499321
Department: VP Finance & Business Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Research, Scientific, Advising, Counseling, Other
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
Salary/Grade: $ - $
Hours Per Week: 20 up to 40 hours per week
The COVID-19 Coordinator is responsible for assisting the university’s response to the COVID-19 global pandemic. This includes efforts pertaining to the administration of and compliance with Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy (e.g. monitoring testing and policy compliance), reporting and data analysis, developing and sending communication for external and internal audiences, responding to questions and concerns from university constituents, and serving as a liaison between our community and university leadership. The role requires working in a highly collaborative manner with various departments and divisions across campus.
- Attend regular planning/update meetings.
- Respond to questions and inquiries regarding COVID-19 (i.e., scheduling for testing, clarification-seeking, and general information, etc.).
- Facilitate COVID-19 testing compliance efforts
- Serve as a liaison/point-of-contact to employees and university personnel regarding the COVID10 Vaccination Program and Policy.
- Ensure that required information regarding employees who have tested positive for COVID-19 are reported to appropriate entities (i.e., Butler County General Health District).
- Provide assistance and support to Miami’s Associate Vice President of Human Resources regarding initiatives and strategic priorities that emerge in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Some rotating evening or weekend work may be required to fulfill duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Previous experience working with health related information.
- Previous experience working in higher education
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilitie
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work across competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through various modes (telephone, email, in-person, etc.)
- Collaborative, responsive, team player with high attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct high-volume data processing using spreadsheet, database, or other computer software
- Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Position may be able to be performed remotely on a full or part time basis
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A resume, cover letter and information related to 3 professional references is required.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 17 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time