Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager (GSM) manages internal House operations and is the primary staff contact during their shift for guest families staying at the House. The manager is responsible for maintaining a home-like and supportive environment, directing the work of housekeepers and volunteers while assuring that services and programs are provided in a manner consistent with current policy and procedures. The manager works in coordination with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital scheduling department and helps ensure a positive House image for guest families. The GSM is expected to collaborate with other guest services team members to fill open shifts as needed, as we operate 24
hours a day, seven days a week.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You enjoy building relationships with a diverse group of people.
- You have an upbeat and professional demeanor.
- You are timely, great at prioritizing, and multi-tasking.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Have a service mentality.
- You are reliable and proud of your work.
- You are meticulous about detail and accuracy while working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You want to love what you do and make an impact!
Lead Guest Services Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human or customer services fields • At least two years related experience
- Exceptional collaboration, guest relations, and communication skills
- Understand and practice confidentiality
- Strong computer skills
- Lead with our core values of collaboration, gratitude, inclusion, integrity, joy
- Compassionately and fairly assist our guest families during their stay
- Collaborate across departments to create a House where everyone belongs.
- Lead with our Core Values (Collaboration, Gratitude, Integrity, Inclusion, Joy)
Compassion; Communication and listening skills; Dependability; Interpersonal/team effectiveness; Demonstrate objectivity, fairness, tact, and confidentiality; Problem-solving and decision-making; Flexible; Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; Able to manage diverse group of people in fair and consistent manner.
- Provide an atmosphere of warmth and support by interacting with guests, meeting guests’ needs, providing information and/or referrals, and by generally maintaining positive guest relations. Be an empathetic and understanding listener, but not a counselor to families.
- Maintain a safe community living setting guided by House rules and policies. Keep the Lead Guest Service Managers apprised of guest situations and intervene with appropriate action as needed; contact family’s social worker at Cincinnati Children’s when appropriate.
- Respond to crisis situations, and make sure guest families’ needs are met. Respond to emergency situations (e.g. medical, facility and weather-related) by calmly and professionally notifying guests and providing necessary assistance.
- Assure timely and accurate data entry support for guest database.
- Maintain ongoing communications with guests regarding planned activities, upcoming events and related issues by distributing notices and/or one-on-one communication.
- Oversee special events in and around the House such as family activities, children’s programs, tickets to local attractions. etc. Refer families to available resources and support organizations.
- Maintain and monitor overall House operations. Assure that all functions are carried out according to established procedures and guidelines. Perform the duties of volunteers and Housekeepers as needed.
- Meet with outgoing and incoming Managers at the beginning and end of each shift to balance the cash shift record and relay pertinent information about House happenings.
- Train, supervise, support, and thank shift volunteers.
- Keep list of all transplant patients currently in house. Obtain letters from social workers as and when required. Manage any waiting list for specific rooms according to needs.
- Coordinate with Maintenance team about any facility repairs or replacements needed to safe, clean, and comfortable environment for guests. Enter work orders and act as liaison for families when work is required in an occupied guest room.
- Maintain safety and security of premises. Complete security walk-throughs of the House throughout your shift. Continually review cameras. Inspect building and grounds and follow up on observations to ensure that standards are maintained. Maintain general upkeep of the House
- to ensure a clean, welcoming home for guests.
- Receive and log drop off donations to the House. Assure room donations are accurately allocated
- to rooms.
- Monitor inventory of household items, cleaning supplies and other necessary materials. Notify Operations Coordinator of items necessary for on-going House needs.
- Maintain positive working relationship with Cincinnati Children’s patient care departments to assure ongoing coordination and support of Ronald McDonald House’s programs and families.
- Maintain positive relationship with vendors, other Ronald McDonald Houses, RMHC volunteers, McDonald’s and other persons associated with Ronald McDonald House.
- Attend, communicate relevant information with staff and participate in staff meetings, operations meetings and daily Scrum meetings.
- Cooperate with co-workers and Lead Guest Service Managers concerning House staff coverage during vacations and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear;
and taste or smell. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This is an hourly, non-exempt full-time position. This position will include evening and weekend shifts from 3pm-11pm.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.