Business Intelligence Developer II
Job no: 501486
Department: Enterprise Information Systems
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Information Technology, Other
Status: Full Time
We are looking for someone who loves all things data, loves a challenge and is looking for a dynamic and highly rewarding position at a nationally respected university. Is this you? Our ideal candidates will help Miami University continue to take big steps forward with our data analytics environment that is unifying successful data analysis efforts across campus. This is a chance to help guide Miami’s data-driven future.
As the Business Intelligence Developer II and a member of our team reporting to the Director of the Business Intelligence Team, you will have great opportunities to grow technically and professionally in multiple data disciplines. In this position, you will be able to support and improve our full stack of BI technologies.
Our Business Intelligence Developer II team members will utilize different tools, processes, and services as well as work with mentors and peers to understand and improve analytics.
Key duties include:
- Troubleshoots moderate reports, dashboards, and data visualizations.
- Fulfills security access requests.
- Makes data available through reporting tools.
- Develops moderate reports, dashboards, and data visualizations, including validating results.
- Analyzes and assists with upgrades and configuration of reporting tools.
- Works with essential players to develop custom analytics solutions for the University, including the development of stories and test cases.
- Assesses and responds to moderate support tickets.
- Supports university data governance, including documentation and metadata.
- Assists with monitoring of production loads.
- Assists with the development and delivery of end-user training and training materials and provides guidance and mentoring for the campus BI Community.
- Actively promotes a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
As a member of the Miami team, you will be a part of our efforts to pursue the best solutions for the University and have great opportunities to grow technically and professionally through annual training.
- Bachelor's degree earned by date of hire and 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Associate's degree earned by date of hire and 4+ years of relevant work experience
- 6+ years of relevant experience
**This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Analytics, or a related field.
We are looking for you to have knowledge and experience in:
- Developing reports, dashboards, and data visualizations, including SQL programming.
- Relational database architectures at enterprise scale. Environments such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or Redshift.
- Enterprise business intelligence and data analytics technologies, such as Workday Reporting, Workday Prism Analytics, Oracle OAS, MS Power BI, and Tableau.
- BI development best practices such as source code, prototyping, and testing.
- Basic troubleshooting best practices with specific focus on enterprise BI systems.
- Data analytics and BI industry trends including data mining, data modeling, machine learning, visualization, data lakes and predictive modeling.
- Supporting BI technology and security in a higher education setting.
- Analytical tools available in cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Working with Linux and Windows OS and a basic understanding of networking.
- Testing and validating against expected results.
- Working as a member of a team using Agile development techniques (Scrum or Kanban)
- Communicating and troubleshooting with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Developing documentation, training materials, and gathering metadata.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
See Minimum Qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
View our prospectus here!!
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for full-time remote work. We intend to hire someone who resides in Ohio, Indiana or Kentucky. Should a candidate currently reside outside of these states, relocation would be expected by date of hire. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 01 Mar 2023 Eastern Standard Time
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.