Director, Information Security
This is a hybrid position located in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Director of Information Security is a senior leader in the Information Technologies Division and is responsible for establishing, planning, and administering the overall information security strategy, policies, goals, and procedures for Xavier University.
The position includes responsibility for developing and implementing a security program that leverages collaborations and campus-wide resources, facilitates information security governance, advises senior leadership on security direction and resource investments, and designs appropriate policies to manage information security risk. This role is the primary leader in providing information security awareness across all faculty, staff, and students at Xavier University.
The Director of Information Security recommends and monitors computing practices to prevent and recover from security breaches, and coordinates the handling of security incidents when such incidents/breaches occur. Additionally, the role performs and evaluates information risk on a regular basis.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in security, data management, and governance roles.
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CRISC.
- Familiarity/training in information security standards and best practices (NIST, ISO 27001/2, COBIT).
- Proven track record and experience in developing information security programs, policies, and procedures.
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong ability to convey security information to non-technical end-users.
At Xavier, we believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive environment. Every member of our community has a role to play in advancing our architecture of belonging. We welcome candidates with unique experiences, backgrounds, education, cultures, and beliefs to apply. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity employer.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with a statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier's commitment to diversity and inclusion on Xavier University's website. Please also include the names and contact information of three professional references.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the position closes at the University's discretion.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon onboarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax-advantaged accounts including health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care accounts.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.