ArtsWave’s Manager, IT will serve as a key member of the Data/IT team, helping to ensure ArtsWave’s capacity to successfully conduct the Annual ArtsWave Community Campaign which raises more than $10 million annually from tens of thousands of donors.
The role will manage a roster of e-pledge campaigns and serve as an administrator for ArtsWave’s CRM system. This role also serves as an IT generalist and is responsible for a variety of tasks including support of initiatives led by the Senior Director, Information Technology.
Extreme attention to detail, great organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills are required as well as a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. The candidate must also be willing to regularly perform certain tasks which are not necessarily IT-related.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
StratusLIVE CRM System
- Administer StratusLIVE CRM system including security administration, system configuration, and the development of report specs and queries
- Workplace Giving Portal administration including:
o Support companies while their employee campaigns are running including email communications
o Processing and posting the transactional data
- Give Now site administration including:
o Supporting transactional processing
- Manage and execute the process to send email acknowledgements to donors who give less than $500 and have an email address on file
- Manage and execute process to distribute donor benefits that are delivered electronically including ArtsWave Pass and Team Cincinnati
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes and implement the changes
- Assess new functionality with an attentive focus on developing tools to aid the DevCom team in maximizing fundraising results
- Process pledges and payments which arrive in spreadsheet form vs. electronically from workplace giving portals and our Give Now sites
- Compile the necessary data to support producing IRS letters annually
- Take part in the batch data entry review / correction process as needed
General IT / Administration
- Administer the building security system and occasionally review logs and tape as needed
- Administering phone system including:
o Troubleshooting and working with Cincinnati Bell to support and resolve issues
- Administer SharePoint site and address questions from team members
- Assist with the setup of new laptops
- Occasionally assume the role of liaison between users and Emerge
- Occasionally work with hardware and software vendors to resolve ArtsWave Pass site and ArtsWave.org site issues as well as other software and managed hardware to resolve IT related issues
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and requests as needed
- Take part in additional projects which may include ArtsWave Pass, general website improvements, etc.
- Other duties as assigned, including occasional help on weekends or evenings at ArtsWave-sponsored events.
- Assist fellow ArtsWave employees with technology related questions and issues.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and analyze reporting needs of internal and external program teams
- Willingness to excel at a variety of work, not just IT related
- Willingness to collaborate with others to resolve problems
- Comfortable working with new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn new processes and procedures to become more proficient and to help the team
- A strong work ethic and a high degree of reliability
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- 2 years hands on experience working with large relational databases, experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM systems is a strong plus
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional accuracy
- Strong command of Office 365 with a thorough knowledge of advanced Excel functions
- Action oriented with a desire to proactively seek solutions and to function independently
- Strong teamwork skills with experience working collaboratively and sharing information
- Ability to work within and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including good written and oral communication
- High degree of confidentiality
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Capable of utilizing policies and procedures for accurate and independent decision making with minimal supervision
- Salary range: $55,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance available
- 401(K) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid holiday schedule
- PTO accrual based on years of service
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in one document to email@example.com
Subject Line: IT Manager by October 1, 2021.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No calls, please.
With the help of tens of thousands of donors, ArtsWave supports more than 100 arts and community organizations that make our region an amazing place to live. We believe that the arts — music, dance, theatre, museums, festivals, and more — create a vibrant regional economy and a more connected community. ArtsWave is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish.