COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 500921
Department: Business & Infrastructure Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Information Technology, Other
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Network Associate
Hours Per Week: 40
We are looking for a Network Associate to serve at an entry level with supervision, responsible for the implementation and support of network systems and integrated technical systems in support of Miami University’s academic, research and business missions. Install and support structured cabling and video distribution systems.
Miami University offers an engaging work environment at a premier higher education institution with an exceptional benefits package plus many other support resources to help employees balance their professional and personal lives.
- Assist in the planning and design of network systems in accordance with university standards
- Assist in the installation and support of network systems
- Provide onsite support and installation of network systems
- Install structured cabling and campus video distribution systems
- Under supervision gather and assemble field information for the design of campus video distribution and structured cabling systems according to university standards.
- Support and maintain campus security cameras and management systems
- Monitor and maintain equipment and adequate environmental conditions in telecommunication spaces
- Gather and assemble field information for the design of structured cabling and video systems according to university standards
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network communication issues for the user community
- Schedule and manage cabling and other external contractors, including adherence standards, for “time and material” and/or small projects
- Interface with the Physical Facility Department project managers and trades personnel on small projects and renovations
- Gather and assemble field information for documentation
- Under supervision, maintain documentation and databases for network systems, or campus video distribution or structured cabling systems
- Perform telephony adds/moves/changes and in coordination with telephony contractor(s) and Network Engineering personnel as applicable
- Recommend upgrades based on technical trends or changes in structured cabling systems.
- Serve as team member, active participant and contributor for IT initiatives and projects
- Monitor ticketing queue, responds and resolves customer service requests or incidents as applicable
- With supervision assist and support new installations and movement of remote locations throughout Miami University including structured cabling systems, telecommunication equipment, network systems and wan circuits
- Actively engage in and help promote a service excellence approach throughout IT Services.
- Actively pursue trends in the industry and professional development activities
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- May occasionally teach one approved one credit bearing course per semester on an as needed basis and with division approval
Associates degree in Computer Systems, Engineering or related field earned by date of hire and 2+ years’ experience installing structured cabling systems with basic network experience.
4+ years’ experience installing structured cabling systems with basic network experience.
**This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a hybrid basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
- Experience installing structured cabling and video distribution systems support and problem resolution
- Basic experience in the administration of network systems
- Preferred Industry Certifications: BICSI Installer or Technician
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to learn and adapt to new environments
- Ability to drive service vehicles for onsite support
- Basic exposure to incident and change management procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
See Minimum Qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for remote work on a hybrid basis. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 19 Sep 2022 Eastern Daylight Time