Support Analyst I
Job no: 501529
Department: Business & Infrastructure Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Information Technology, Other
Status: Full Time
Under general direction, provide support to clients in their use of technology, including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues.
Function as a support resource and assist other support staff, providing ongoing guidance to the clients and support team.
Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to the designated environment.
Document resources used, steps taken toward resolution and work to provide excellent service and initiatives.
- Provide Tier I technical support to clients remotely or in the field by identifying, reporting, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving incidents and requests using appropriate tools and applications.
- Troubleshoot Tier I technology issues including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues.
- Emergency "on-call" rotation.
- Escalate complex problems that cannot be resolved to Tier II, and work with Tier II staff to assure resolution.
- Provide and/or share technical knowledge with other support staff in the resolution of problems/requests related to the designated system.
- Actively promote a customer-oriented environment in which the client is treated professionally and courteously. Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills including the ability to constructively, diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handle customer complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
- Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; analyze and interpret root causes associated with a given problem; look at problems from other perspectives; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
- Write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; get messages across that instigate appropriate actions.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences including end users and clients.
- Learn quickly, adapt to change to meet the needs of the IT environment when given direction and guidance.
- Show initiative to make basic decisions in daily work where risk is low, saving manager time; gather inputs and come to practical/sensible solutions; identify and escalates more significant decision point appropriately.
- Accurately restate the opinions and needs of others; demonstrate patience and active listening.
- Apply principles and processes of service levels to work.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Require Associates degree earned by date of hire.
- Require 3 years relevant experience.
**This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.
- Associates Degree in a technology related field, earned by date of hire and 1+ year of relevant experience.
- Knowledge & experience with Windows desktop operating systems and desktop business software, such as Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge & experience with Macintosh desktop operating systems and desktop business software, such as Mac OS X 10.9.x (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.11.x (EI Capitan) and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Google products such as Google Doc, Google Mail, Google Drive
- Experience supporting networked printers.
- Knowledge of the operation of computer-based and integrated audiovisual learning environments
- Knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference and Control Systems.
- Knowledge of Installation and mounting of AV equipment such as projectors, Flat panel televisions, brackets, etc.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting cabling and audio visual equipment.
- Possess general knowledge of construction & the AV industry.
- Basic knowledge of wired and wireless networks, IP Addresses, and DHCP
- Verbal and written communication skills; including communicating technical information in terms understandable to the end user. Experience in using social media as a form of communication.
- Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
See Minimum Qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Miami University recognizes that technology enables us to find new ways of providing first-class service and workplace flexibility. This position is approved for hybrid remote work. We intend to hire someone who resides in Ohio, Indiana or Kentucky. Should a candidate currently reside outside of these states, relocation would be expected by date of hire. Remote work is a working arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 06 Mar 2023 Eastern Standard Time
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.