Account Manager - Employee Benefits
Job Title: Account Manager
Department: Employee Benefits
Position Reports To Vice President, Account Management
Full or Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Are you a proactive, assertive, take charge analytical person, who has the ability to think ahead and attain goals? HORAN is seeking a self-sufficient competitive person who thrives in an environment that allows for independence and change, while managing processes. This position is responsible for the overall strategic management of a block of current clients. The primary objectives and goals of the position are to maintain a block of clients (retention) and grow the block of business organically (sales), as well as mentor and develop their support team. The Account Manager accomplishes this by bringing a consultative approach to our clients while supporting the block with market, product, wellness and health care reform expertise.
Retain and manage a block of business
- Develop and manage client benefits strategy.
- Develop and execute 1 year and 3 year client business plan.
- Lead and negotiate renewal process.
- Analyze client employee benefit products and recommend benefit solutions.
Develop and Apply market expertise
- Provide advice to clients regarding Health Care Reform.
- Lead and develop strategy based on claims data analytics.
- Listen and counsel on key compliance impacts including Health Care Reform (PPACA).
- Stay informed on market trends and new product information.
- Drive wellness strategy and initiatives with clients.
- Manage projects as they pertain to company goals and vision.
- Develop in-market tools based on individual expertise for clients and other Account Managers.
Develop and maintain strong relationships
- Develop client and vendor relationships with key decision makers.
- Act as liaison for client/carrier relationship.
- Develop relationships with HORAN Wealth management counterparts for prospecting.
Manage/Mentor internal resources
- Manage internal resources to include Service Representatives and Financial Analysts who support client block of business.
- Be accountable for all client data to be current and actionable in all client management systems.
- Pro-actively manage client inquiries via leveraging resources.
- 4-year degree from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 3 years (preferably more) of relevant experience within the Group Employee Benefits Industry.
- Health and Life License preferred.
- Ability and awareness to create win/win relationships for the 5 C’s: Customer, Coworker, Company, Carrier, Community.
- Ability to create customized solutions that address client concerns and problems.
- Ability to build strong partnerships outside of internal resources.
- Ability to demonstrate strong working knowledge of current health, life, dental, vision, long term disability (LTD), short term disability (STD) and long term care products.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of Alternate and self-funding options.
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of Consumer Driven products (HRA, HSAs).
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of worksite products.
- Ability to advise clients regarding Cobra, Section 125 plans, etc.
- Ability to leverage best practices.
- Ability to leverage vendor partnerships.
- Ability to exhibit initiative and pro-active behavior style
- Ability to conduct work with strong personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to motivate and develop a team both professionally and personally
- Ability to demonstrate ways to bring HORAN core values to life
- Ability to prioritize and leverage resources including ability to delegate effectively and respectfully
- Ability to make recommendations both verbally and written
- Ability to make decisions
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
For more than 70 years, HORAN has served as a trusted advisor and thorough planner in the areas of employee benefits consulting, wealth management, and life insurance for estate and business planning. HORAN, with its 150+ employees, has grown to become one of the region’s largest privately held financial services and insurance organizations. HORAN represents over 500 companies and 300,000 individuals. The wealth management division has greater than $2.5 billion under its care. HORAN is committed to the Health, Wealth and Life needs of its loyal clientele.
How to Apply:
Please visit the www.horanassoc.com/careers and click on the job title to apply.
HORAN Associates, Inc.