American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter
AccuracyNow Language Services, a program of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio, is looking to add new ASL interpreters to our growing interpreter team. As an interpreter, you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in your community interpreting in the medical, legal, and educational fields of Cincinnati. As an independent contractor, you can choose which appointments to take and when.
This job is located in Cincinnati, OH and we ask that all those applying are located in the greater Cincinnati area. We do not have remote positions open at this time.
The job of an interpreter is to facilitate communication between two or more people who speak different languages including ASL.
- Provide accurate, comprehensive and professional interpreting services per the national Code of Ethics
- Abide ethical requirement of professional development by completing 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per year
- Be dependable
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Be culturally aware and respectful
Experience and Training
- Authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience with Medical, Legal and Educational terminology (preferred but not required)
- Successful completion of a signing skills assessment through a recognized assessor, such as RID
- Completion of an associate's degree from an accredited interpreting program, passing of the RID written test, or national interpreter certification (NAD/RID)
- At least 40 hrs. of medical interpretation training
OR willingness to complete 40 hrs. of training within the first year of the contract
OR university documentation of at least 3 credit hours of medical interpreting coursework within the first year of the contract
- Capable of working in an all-inclusive environment
- Required to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
- Able to provide documentation of MMR, Varicella, flu, and COVID-19 immunizations; as required by individual client site
- Must be able to complete a yearly negative TB skin test (or complete x-rays)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experienced interpreters preferred (but not required)
Job Type: Contracted
Pay: $30.00 per hour
A majority of the locations we serve are requiring the COVID-19 vaccination for interpreters. We ask that all interested applicants are vaccinated and are willing wear facemasks for the duration of their appointments.
To apply, please visit: https://www.accuracynow.com/careers
Or, email recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org