AccuracyNow Language Services, a program of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio, is looking to add new bilingual and multilingual interpreters to our growing team. As an interpreter you will have the opportunity to make a positive difference in your community interpreting in the medical, legal, and educational fields of Cincinnati. As an independent contractor, you have the flexibility to choose which appointments to take and when.
This job is located in Cincinnati, OH and we ask that all those applying are located in the greater Cincinnati area. We do not have remote positions open at this time.
The job of an interpreter is to facilitate communication between two or more people who speak or sign different languages.
- Provide accurate, impartial, transparent and professional interpreting services per the national Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for Medical Interpretation
- Abide by ethical requirement of professional development by completing 4 Continuing Education Units per year
- Be dependable
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Be culturally aware and respectful
Experience and Training
- Authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Capable of speaking English and at least one or more languages at a proficient level
- Ability to provide language proficiency documentation or willingness to test for proficiency
- Experience with Medical, Legal and Educational terminology (preferred but not required)
- At least 40 hrs. of medical interpretation training OR willingness to complete 40 hrs. of training within one year of starting contract
- Willingness to complete an additional 4 hrs. of medical interpreter continuing education per year
- Capable of working in an all-inclusive environment
- Required to pass a Background Check and Drug Screen
- Able to provide documentation of MMR/Varicella, flu, and COVID-19 immunizations; as required by individual client site
- Must be able to complete a yearly negative TB skin test (or complete x-rays)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experienced interpreters preferred (but not required)
All languages are welcome!
Job Type: Contracted
Pay: $17.00 - $23.00 per hour
A majority of the locations we serve are requiring the COVID-19 vaccination for interpreters. In order to be eligible for those appointments, applicants would need to be fully vaccinated and willing to follow all other COVID policies, including mask wearing, for the duration of their appointments.
To apply, please visit: https://www.accuracynow.com/careers
Or, email recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org