Housing Intake Specialist
Legal Aid is hiring a Housing Intake Specialist to conduct telephone and in-person interviews with callers who request assistance from Legal Aid. This is a fast-paced, full-time position, based in our Cincinnati office.
As a Housing Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for individuals seeking legal assistance with housing-related issues. Your role is crucial in ensuring that our clients receive the help they need promptly and efficiently. You will be responsible for managing the initial intake process, collecting essential information, and connecting clients with our legal team. Your empathetic and professional demeanor will be essential in making clients feel comfortable and understood.
Legal Aid is a non-profit law firm. Our mission is to resolve serious legal problems of low-income people, to promote economic and family stability, and to reduce poverty through effective legal assistance. The Housing Intake Specialist assists with Legal Aid’s goal to secure safe, affordable housing for low-income families.
- Conduct initial client interviews to gather information
- Handle a high daily call volume
- Communicate professionally with individuals in crisis or experiencing trauma
- Capture and document information accurately while conducting a telephone or in-person interview
- Respond well to supervision and feedback
- Keyboard and computer competency (Microsoft Outlook and Word, in particular)
- Experience in customer service and working with a low-income population preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Spanish, a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary based on experience, starting at $18/hour.
- Excellent benefits package, including health and dental insurance, retirement, and generous paid time off.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email all of the following items to email@example.com:
- a cover letter explaining the reasons for your interest in the position,
- your resume, and
- names and telephone numbers for two work references.
Please do not call. Interviews will be arranged by Employer.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Legal Aid offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.