Associate To, University of Cincinnati Libraries
Assist in the planning and coordination of specialized, confidential and complex administrative support activities for the Dean and Senior Associate Dean. Supervise office staff and students. Formulate, coordinate, and implement strategies for the execution of the major tasks of the Dean’s Office. Plan, assist, and coordinate special events for the Dean and other administrative personnel. Manage logistics of Dean’s global travel and engagement activities.
Reports to the Dean and University Librarian.
- Autonomous and proactive decision making to streamline smooth department operations; identify Dean’s office operational problems, investigate and recommend solutions.
- Provide back-up support for Administrative Office Associate Deans and senior leaders.
- Serve as the primary contact and liaison between the Dean and University Librarian and high–level university administrators, deans, associate/assistant deans, department heads, faculty, staff, students and outside constituents.
- Compose and prepare non-routine, sensitive and/or confidential documentation and correspondence for the dean; screen and evaluate incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare responses, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the Dean’s appointments on and off campus with other high-level university administrators, and international, national, regional and state meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and finalize travel arrangements at national and international levels, including registration, air and hotel.
- Coordinate the Dean’s office activities including participation in the University of Cincinnati Libraries (UCL) weekly/biweekly meetings per Dean’s request.
- Maintain confidential files and records adhering to the University Records Management retention schedule. Transfer appropriate documents to University Archives.
- Work closely with UCL’s development officer and Dean’s Program Coordinator to provide support to the Dean’s fundraising and external engagement duties.
- Serve on UCL’s Management Council as well as other management committees per Dean’s request in an executive support capacity.
- Work with Dean’s office staff to plan and coordinate special events including reserving venues, catering, agendas, attendance, and facility requirements.
- May provide direct supervision to Administration Office students, including training, developing and providing performance evaluations.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Seven (7) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Three (3) years' experience in a related field. Experience may require one (1) year supervision.
- Some positions may require experience in university administration.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Bachelor’s degree with three (3) years executive support experience, – OR- Associate’s degree with five (5) years experience, -OR- seven (7) years experience. Degree must be in Business Administration or related field.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, have the ability to multitask, and meet demanding deadline driven tasks.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and professional written and oral communication skills.
- Physical requirements include frequent communications, verbal and written; frequent sitting and standing; visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess; and thinking analytically.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Please complete an online application and upload:
- Cover letter
- Applications must be submitted through https://jobs.uc.edu/ or by clicking on the following link > https://bit.ly/3Lqf6fL
- Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
- To view all available openings with the University of Cincinnati please visit > https://jobs.uc.edu/
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $60,000 -$70,000 dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable, and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application, you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.