Electrician Tech III - 2nd Shift
Expected Starting Salary: 26.01 - 32.20
Install, maintain, and repair internal factory equipment. Supervise employees who perform maintenance and tool making.
To troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests in a timely efficient manner for the Building Maintenance Department.
- Prioritize assigned maintenance work to properly execute emergency breakdown response Report to immediate supervisor items affecting or potentially affecting proper and safe operation of plant and equipment. Maintain acceptable backlog of planned maintenance activity. Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain inventory of hospital standard finishes for repairs.
- Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and procurement of material to perform cost effective maintenance and repair activity. Acquire and interpret maintenance data to determine operational status of plant equipment and systems. Maintain proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures, and schematics. Ensure that infection control and life safety measures are followed while performing maintenance projects. Set up containment per infection control guidelines.
- Determine priority of job and make needed repairs. Work with contractors on scheduling and repairing equipment. Coordinate utility shutdown request with departments and contractors to ensure proper work flow. Attend construction rounds and report any deficiencies. Troubleshoot emergency and routine calls in HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical. Perform maintenance risk assessments prior to work performed on Life Security devices, IE: fire, protection, utilities, HVAC. . Respond to water intrusion events quickly to ensure minimal loss and prevent mold formation. Monitor and record moisture levels. Trace roof leaks and report on roof conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in a related job discipline
- 5-7 years' experience within the electrical field
- Journeyman electrician or an associate's degree within this technical field
- Proven work experience in the electrical field
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial electrical systems and the National Electrical Code
- Good problem-solving skills & critical thinking.
- Physically strong and able to stand for long periods.
- Analyze data from routine maintenance and identifying potential malfunctions
- Good communication skills
- Fire alarm certification/ experience
- Hospital/Research facility experience
- Emergency generator experience & systems
- Experience with pneumatic tube systems
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience with UPS systems (1kVa to 1.5MVA, 208/120 and 480V/277)
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).