Lead Technician - Facilities - Electrician - 2nd Shift
Expected Starting Salary Range: 30.91 - 38.92
Install, maintain, and repair internal factory equipment. Supervise employees who perform maintenance and tool making.
To troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests in a timely; efficient manner; assist Director or Manager in day to day operations for related craft.
- Assist Director or Manager on department systems and functions as directed. Report safety issues and work with Director or Manager to determine action needed to correct. Develop new and update present technical policies and procedures. Attend, as directed, construction rounds and report any deficiencies. Assist the Manager or Director in scheduling workload, work order assignment and plant coverage as directed. Order necessary parts and equipment needed to maintain equipment.
- Prioritize assigned maintenance work to properly execute emergency breakdown response Report to immediate supervisor items affecting or potentially affecting proper and safe operation of plant and equipment. Maintain acceptable backlog of planned maintenance activity. Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain inventory of hospital standard finishes for repairs.
- Determine priority of job and make needed repairs. Work with contractors on scheduling and repairing equipment. Coordinate utility shutdown request with departments and contractors to ensure proper work flow. Attend construction rounds and report any deficiencies. Troubleshoot emergency and routine calls in HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical. Perform maintenance risk assessments prior to work performed on Life Security devices, IE: fire, protection, utilities, HVAC. . Respond to water intrusion events quickly to ensure minimal loss and prevent mold formation. Monitor and record moisture levels. Trace roof leaks and report on roof conditions.
- To troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests in a timely, efficient manner; assist Director or Manager in day to day operations for related craft.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline
- Journeyman electrician or an associate's degree within this technical field
- Proven work experience in the electrical field
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial electrical systems and the National Electrical Code
- Good problem-solving skills & critical thinking.
- Physically strong and able to stand for long periods.
- Analyze data from routine maintenance and identifying potential malfunctions
- Good communication skills
- Fire alarm certification/ experience
- Hospital/Research facility experience
- Emergency generator experience & systems
- Experience with pneumatic tube systems
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience with UPS systems (1kVa to 1.5MVA, 208/120 and 480V/277)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - Cincinnati, OH