3CDC currently owns and manages over 186 commercial spaces totaling 646,109 square feet. These properties including retailers, restaurants and offices which require ongoing maintenance and property management. The Maintenance Assistant will assist the Property Management team by attending to general maintenance issues and facilitating repairs for all 3CDC assets. This will require hands on services to such as painting, changing furnace filters, changing light bulbs, minor repair work, and other similar tasks. In some cases, it may be necessary to respond to requests made after hours and on weekends. The Maintenance Assistant will also be responsible for 3rd party pest control at all assets and overseeing the in house and 3rd party weekly/monthly care of trash and trash corrals.
3CDC owns vacant buildings and lots that require periodic maintenance and inspections. The Maintenance Assistant will work with Property Management Officers to address issues at vacant buildings, such as coordinating building clean-outs, securing openings, and help arranging for stabilization repairs as needed, as well as helping to keep vacant lots clean and free of litter and debris.
In addition to field work, the Maintenance Assistant will be expected to help track asset spending and various other office responsibilities.
The Maintenance Assistants responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, working with the Property Management team to accomplish the following:
- Maintenance for 3CDC assets
- Help with preventative maintenance coordination for operating commercial assets, including but not limited to, janitorial services, HVAC PM, and backflow inspections
- Assist Property Management officers with both emergency and non-emergency repairs of operating assets or coordination with 3 party vendors to make repairs.
- Assist with the vacant lot maintenance program; including removing debris, litter and weeds as needed
- Assist Property Management Officers with vacant building/property assessments and repairs as needed, including securing openings, minor roofing and downspout repairs, and other tasks necessary to bring vacant buildings into compliance with city building codes
- After hours and weekend availability to address emergency issues
- Effectively track and manage work orders, keeping appropriate staff members informed on progress and completion
- Maintain pest control for operating and non-operating assets
- Maintain asset trash corrals and dumpster pads. Oversee weekly cleaning and monthly pressure washing of areas.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively under pressure
- Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude with capability to deal effectively with people
- Ability and willingness to be on call for nights and weekend work as needed
Skills or specialized knowledge:
- Must have some knowledge in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Spending time outdoors, often standing up, for long periods of time
- Work hours will include nights and weekends as needed
- Frequently required to sit at a desk/workstation for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at a computer terminal for an extended period.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
- Able to speak and hear employees on the phone or in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable employee to move around the office environment.
- Additional mental requirements: compare, decide direct, problem solve, analyze, instruct, and interpret.
- The ability to work well under stress.
This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. It is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. Furthermore, the employer reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.