Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift (3pm-11pm)
Wagstaff, Inc. is a family-owned, American engineering/manufacturing leader in the global aluminum industry. Innovation, service, integrity, and quality are the foundational cornerstones underpinning 76 years of successful industry leaders. Wagstaff prides itself in manufacturing 100% of its products at its two facilities in Spokane, Washington, and Hebron, Kentucky.
Assist with performance of basic equipment maintenance tasks and facility services.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of all vehicles and associated equipment including forklifts, man lifts, motorized carts and trucks
- Pick-up and delivery of maintenance repair and project parts; including coordination of ordered materials and logistics of payment
- Assist in scheduled and unplanned maintenance of plant equipment including but not limited to: CNC machine tools, overhead cranes, mist collectors, bag houses, oxy-fuel, plasma cutting equipment and compressed air system
- Perform scheduled and unplanned maintenance of facility buildings and grounds, including but not limited to: HVAC systems, sprinkler systems, plumbing and sewer, lighting, gates, fencing, manual machine tools, power tools, hand tools, saws, presses, lifting devices, and office furniture
- Assist with special project tasks as directed by the Plant Manager and/or Project Lead
- Maintain maintenance inventory
- In order to achieve business objectives, work weeks in excess of 40 hours may be required
- Pick-up and delivery of maintenance repair and project parts; including coordination of ordered parts and logistics of payment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License with no serious traffic violations in the past 3 years
- Two (2) years of experience in industrial, mechanical, electrical or moving vehicle maintenance OR degree/certificate as listed below
- Basic mechanical aptitude, including knowledge and use of power hand tools and/or vehicle maintenance and/or prior mechanical/maintenance experience OR
- Associate of Arts degree or technical certificate in a maintenance or mechanical-related field, including but not limited to maintenance/millwright, maintenance mechanic, auto mechanics, electrical, HVAC or automation
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical parts, machinery and equipment, and vibration. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. While performing some job duties, there is a risk of electrical shock and other risks associated with a manufacturing environment. Job duties may require work in high, precarious places, work in outside weather conditions, and exposure to extreme temperatures in some cases. The noise level in the working environment is often loud. Because of this environment and associated risks, use of job appropriate personal protective equipment and clothing is required.
Employment at Wagstaff is dependent on successfully passing a company-paid drug screening and background check upon hire.
Wagstaff, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.