Tech III- Plumber 2nd Shift
Install, maintain, and repair internal factory equipment. Supervise employees who perform maintenance and tool making.
To troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests in a timely efficient manner for the Building Maintenance Department.
- Prioritize assigned maintenance work to properly execute emergency breakdown response Report to immediate supervisor items affecting or potentially affecting proper and safe operation of plant and equipment. Maintain acceptable backlog of planned maintenance activity. Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain inventory of hospital standard finishes for repairs.
- Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and procurement of material to perform cost effective maintenance and repair activity. Acquire and interpret maintenance data to determine operational status of plant equipment and systems. Maintain proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures, and schematics. Ensure that infection control and life safety measures are followed while performing maintenance projects. Set up containment per infection control guidelines.
- Determine priority of job and make needed repairs. Work with contractors on scheduling and repairing equipment. Coordinate utility shutdown request with departments and contractors to ensure proper work flow. Attend construction rounds and report any deficiencies. Troubleshoot emergency and routine calls in HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical. Perform maintenance risk assessments prior to work performed on Life Security devices, IE: fire, protection, utilities, HVAC. . Respond to water intrusion events quickly to ensure minimal loss and prevent mold formation. Monitor and record moisture levels. Trace roof leaks and report on roof conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in a related job discipline
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - Cincinnati, OH