Technician II, General Maintenance
- Maintain and repair organization's facilities and properties involving routine tasks and responsibilities. Patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings. Repair or replace concrete floors, steps and sidewalks. Paint structures and equipment as needed. Install and correct minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and structural problems. Document installation and repairs as required by regulatory agencies. Install, operate and service boilers, chillers, motors, fans, pumps and related mechanical equipment.
- May move and store furniture and equipment.
- Estimate time and material costs of various projects. Requisition new supplies and equipment.
- May plant and tend flowerbeds. Prune shrubs and trees to enhance growth and appearance, water lawns, shrubs and flowerbeds and spray fertilizer and insecticides. May rake and remove fallen leaves, sweep external walkways and staircases and may remove snow using power removal equipment or shovel. Apply snow-melting chemical when necessary on company roads, walkways and outside staircases.
- May drive vehicle to other locations.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Scope: Full knowledge of job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job. Contact within department and occasionally outside of organization.
Education: High School or equivalent required. May require a trade license.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Related experience includes skill and knowledge of painting, HVAC, carpentry, pluming, masonry and electrical work is required.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills & Abilities: May require a valid driver's license and clean DMV record. May be required to have basic computer skills. Exemplary interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Skills and knowledge of painting, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and electrical work is required. May have on-call duties. Ability to work on a team.
Travel: May drive vehicle to other locations.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs frequently; lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 lbs with assistance or the use of a powered industrial truck. Frequently required to push carts weighing up to 250 pounds on flat flooring or ramps. Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus. Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted. Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools and work with a variety of chemicals and solvents. Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.