Inventory & Purchasing Manager
Join our team as the Inventory and Purchasing Manager! This position will be responsible for the Great Parks supply warehouse and for performing the daily receiving, distribution, and inventory control tasks. This individual will be the central point for procurement for a high volume and varied range of operational supplies, equipment, and services. This will be done in support of multiple park district divisions by working with vendors, issuing Purchase Orders, and ensuring the timely delivery of materials.
At Great Parks, our team members work together to preserve and protect natural resources and to provide outdoor recreation and education in order to enhance the quality of life for present and future generations. Be a part of an inclusive organization that enriches the region by inspiring nature-based experiences, celebrating cultural heritage and building strong and healthy communities through our dedicated staff, volunteers, and friends.
The successful individual will:
- Manages the Central Services supply warehouse and associated storage bays for all agency divisions. Be responsible for creating inventory initiatives to optimize stock levels.
- Performs the receiving, storage, and distribution of merchandise, materials, supplies, and equipment. Organizes warehouse goods to optimize efficient and effective use of available space across all departments and divisions.
- Works with multiple Divisions to identify, research and implement improvements to logistical processes, procedures, and systems, as well as increase efficiency, effectiveness, and the use of sustainable products and purchasing practices.
- Collaborates with internal-users of products and services to develop and solicit appropriate sources to provide needed supplies and services; identifies various organizational needs; reviews needs and repeat purchases to assist with standardization of these purchases.
- Resolves disputes regarding performance of vendors, late deliveries, etc.; interacts with Accounts Payable regarding purchases and invoice discrepancies.
- Prepares and assists with the preparation of public solicitations, request for proposals, invitations to bid, request for qualifications, request for quotes, and cooperative purchasing agreements; Assists with the evaluation and award of the competitive bidding process by performing cost analysis and completing bid tabulations.
- Assist with the development of annual budgets; Maintains allocated funds and purchase order balances; Supports Finance Division personnel to ensure the accurate reconciliation and coding of invoices relating to purchased products and assigned services.
- Monitors developments and practices within the field of purchasing and inventory through professional organizations, seminars, and current literature; recommends policy and procedure improvements.
- Evaluates and/or manages software modules or other digital means for tracking inventory.
- Maintains a complete set of Safety Data Sheets of all products, distributes these to facilities as needed and sends updates when products are changed.
- Manages agency wide uniform procurement, inventory, and distribution.
- Assists with park district’s auction program and other means of asset disposal.
- Performs job duties in accordance with Great Parks’ policies, procedures, and performance expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of confidential and sensitive information.
- Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and punctual attendance, and works outside of normal schedule as required.
- Assists the Merchandise Manager with preparing products for resale.
- Assists with troubleshooting of fuel management system software.
- Assists with direction, trains, resolves routine problems, and ensures work is completed by part-time Merchandising Assistants and Couriers as needed.
- Represents the agency at offsite events and meetings; speaks and presents to internal and external groups; participates in overnight or multi-day travel for training, professional development, or information gathering.
- Utilizes and promotes environmentally sustainable practices and processes.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify the applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. An example of an acceptable qualification is:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Public Administration or related field
- 2 years of experience in data collection & analysis, purchasing, warehouse management, and inventory control
- Preferred: certification as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with customer service with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
State Driver License that meets current GPHC carrier guidelines.
Certification for safe operation of forklift required within 90 days of employment.
We offer an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance; paid vacation, 11 holidays and sick time; enrollment in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and free or discounted use of many Great Parks of Hamilton County recreational activities.
Great Parks is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or any other classification protected under applicable law.