Food Packing Machine Operator
Gold Medal Products Co. is a continually-growing company that has been in business for 90 years. We’re the world’s leading manufacturer and distributor of popcorn and “fun food” concession equipment & supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate semi-automatic machines to pack food product in shipping cartons to ensure continuous line production. Equipment includes Elopak, Evergreen (gable top cartons), All Fill (auger based filling), Plastic container product packaging machines, Matrix (vertical form/fill/seal) and Ishida/Yamato combination scales.
- Perform bulk product packaging (bag-in-a-box) while maintaining high personal output to increase line efficiency.
- Accurately record product traceability information, critical control point (CCP) and product weights on production documentation that complies to SQF, FSMA, and NIST regulations.
- Adapt and react to customer specific packaging specifications/instructions for both domestic and international shipments.
- Perform scheduled sanitation tasks as outlined by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Accurately record labor hours against work orders for proper costing of products.
- Other duties as requested.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standardized Sanitary Operating Procedures (SSOP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), FSMA (Food Safety Modernization Act) and SQF (Safe Quality Food).
- Basic computer knowledge used for proper food safety documentation tracking and labor reporting.
- High School Education and 1 – 2 years of related experience or training in the food or beverage industry.
Essential Physical Functions: Heavy lifting performed in a fast paced factory environment. Regularly required to stand, bend and reach. May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another, during the packing process.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability and a 401k with match.
Gold Medal is an Equal Opportunity Employer