At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
You can apply in person at the Duro Bag plant in Walton, KY Monday thru Friday from 9am to 3pm. You could be interviewed on-the-spot! We're at 1 Duro Way, Walton, KY 41094. Please use the visitor's entrance.
Machine operator on bag machines. This position is responsible for ensuring machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste. Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary. Minimal adjusting of machines to keep production up to standards.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Safely strip rolls down, removing liner and/or bands and removing minimal layers of damaged paper only to avoid excessive waste.
- Change roll, make splice by hand, maneuver roll into position and adhere roll to web on machine.
- Coordinate with Supervisor and make minor repairs and adjustments to machines as necessary to ensure quality levels.
- Watch progress of machinery for breakage;
- Clean ink pans and wash rollers.
- Learn to thread machinery,and perform properly.
- Make sure all waste is kept to a minimum and meets standards set forth by management.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
At least one year of experience working on machinery, either in a production environment or other mechanical environments
- Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Equipment Operator, Industrial, Machinist, Manufacturing