Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing & Fan Engagement. This position will report to the Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations and is responsible for the marketing efforts for Xavier University's 19 sport intercollegiate athletic programs with a focus on brand management and visibility, fan development and revenue generation.
The Xavier University Department of Athletics sponsors 19 sports programs with more than 330 student-athletes, and is a member of the Big East Conference. The Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement will be a member of the Xavier Athletics Senior Staff and will strategically design, manage, coordinate, and execute all marketing, promotional, fan experience, game atmosphere, game presentation, and fan engagement efforts for Xavier Athletics.
This position will:
- Provide leadership and direction for Athletics marketing with a focus on fan engagement and driving attendance in efforts to deliver excellent experience for our guests.
- Develop and manage the annual campaign to sell premium seats, season, group, and individual game tickets for men's basketball.
- Be involved with the development of ticket strategy including pricing, packaging, and scheduling.
- Lead the development and execution of digital revenue generation strategies, including, but not limited to digital advertising, e-mail marketing, mobile app, website content and SEO. They will handle marketing automation and be involved in the department’s social media strategy.
- Be involved with the development of all brand elements, graphic design concepts and storytelling. They will assist with creation of design elements, including print collateral, social media graphics and other design pieces for the department.
- Develop and foster increased fan engagement that results in an enhanced and best in class in-game experience. They will oversee game presentation for all home events and serve as the producer/director to plan, direct, and execute game production efforts for men’s basketball.
- Manage external relationships with strategic partners including with Xavier Sports Properties to ensure facilitation of corporate sponsorship contractual elements as it relates to in-game, digital and social promotions. They will also serve as the University's Licensing Director and work closely with CLC, licensees and retailers.
Required Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in intercollegiate athletics marketing & event presentation, or 5+ years of relevant work experience with a Master’s degree and supervisory experience is preferred.
To be successful, the incumbent must:
- Effectively build partnerships, lead, mentor and influence others.
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Build strong relationships in a professional and positive manner across the University and externally.
- Have the ability to multi-task and coordinate solutions for complex needs while maintaining attention to detail, remain efficient under pressure, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Have working knowledge and experience with graphic design, including the ability to proficiently use Adobe Photoshop.
- Have demonstrated experience in the development and management of budgets.
- Successfully manage and supervise personnel including intern or student staff.
This role will require a flexible schedule and must be able to work nights and weekends.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by August 9, 2022. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.