Director of Communications and Marketing for the College of Engineering and Computing
Apply nowJob no: 499245
Department: University Communications and Marketing
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Director of Communications and Marketing for the College of Engineering and Computing
Hours Per Week: 40
Reporting to the Senior Director of Academic Marketing and Communications, the Director for Marketing and Communications for the College of Engineering and Computing (CEC) is responsible for developing integrated, comprehensive and omni-channel marketing communications plans designed to help CEC reach its enrollment goals and build its reputation both regionally and nationally. The incumbent will work closely with the Dean of the College of Engineering and Computing and will serve as a liaison between the Office of University Communications and Marketing and CEC.
- Lead and implement integrated, comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for student recruitment and reputation building for the College of Engineering and Computing. – 70%
- In collaboration with the Vice President and Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, the Dean of the College of Engineering and Computing, the Assistant Vice President for Admission, and the Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications to develop marketing and communications plans designed to drive success with established enrollment growth goals.
- Create and strategically execute a plan to raise the College of Engineering and Computing’s public profile, visibility, and brand–recognition at the regional and national level using media relations, marketing and creative services, web and social media communication, targeted print and electronic communication, leadership communication, and other activities.
- Working with the Director of News and Media Relations, stimulate and coordinate media interest in CEC through press releases, media request responses, and targeted media contacts.
- Working with the Senior Director of Marketing, develop strategies for comprehensive marketing campaigns.
- Ensure communication industry best practices are followed and monitor campus communication for internal/external response and/or legal concerns.
- Work with colleagues across the university to advance university-wide communication and enrollment management strategies. – 10%
- Represent CEC through participation in regular meetings of university-wide communicators (remotely or in person).
- Collaborate with university-wide colleagues on special projects.
- Serve as a liaison between University Communications and Marketing and the College of Engineering and Computing. – 10%
- Develop and assess measurable goals and objectives that advance University Communications and Marketing’s Marketing Maturity Model. – 5%
- Other duties as assigned - 5%
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field.
- At least seven years of professional communications, marketing, journalism or related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience developing marketing or communications campaigns.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments requiring interpersonal communication competence, initiative, active listening, and emotional intelligence.
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- Experience in public relations, marketing or communications at the level of director.
- Demonstrated understanding of the higher education environment.
- Experience with multicultural marketing and communications.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of storytelling.
- Experience in a highly collaborative environment working with colleagues and peers to achieve enrollment, revenue generation, fundraising or similar goals.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time