Full-Time Marketing Communications and Development Manager
Flywheel is looking for the ideal person to become our Marketing Communications and Development Manager
What will make you the “ideal person?”
• You excel at building relationships and energize others with your passion for impact
• You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where new ideas are encouraged, risk is expected and failures are learning experiences
• You are familiar with the entrepreneurial landscape. You might be an entrepreneur yourself, or have worked for an entrepreneurial organization
• You “own” your responsibilities, excel at prioritizing activities, and adapt to shifting priorities
How do we know that you’ve got what it takes?
• You can fluently use technology in your work (Canva, Squarespace, G Suite, MS Office, and are open to learning
• You have solid experience in project management, having designed, coordinated and executed marketing or fund development projects (with the outcomes to prove it)
• You are creative in your thinking, and effectively communicate both the spoken and written word
• You can work in an open office environment with plenty of distractions, flexible hours, and without close supervision. And yet, you hold yourself accountable, meet deadlines, and consistently outperform expectations
What will you be doing?
• You will be responsible for the planning and execution of Flywheel’s marketing and donor development. Key activities include:
o Leading Flywheel’s grant strategies, managing grant process, writing grants, and building relationships with large donors
o Leading Flywheel’s communication strategies that engage with portfolio companies, grant funders, sponsors, investors and community stakeholders
o Developing outreach and influencer marketing strategies for Flywheel programs and initiatives
o Oversight of Flywheel’s social media and email calendar
o Managing Flywheel websites to align with our marketing and communications
o Provide critical support to major events
• You will be working in partnership with Flywheel’s Executive Director, Program Manager, and Director of Consulting Services
• You will also be collaborating with our Communication Intern(s) and our social media consultant
What’s in it for you?
• You will work at Union Hall, the epicenter of the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, where you’ll meet founders, funders, and mentors, as well as civic, business and government leaders all supporting entrepreneurs
• You get free parking, 24/7 in OTR…your friends will be jealous
• There’s no “uniform”, just dress appropriately for your audience
• And a bonus…expect free coffee, tea, beer and frequently food
• Paid two-week vacation and ten holidays in the first year of employment
• Flexible work hours both on site and virtual
• Salary range of $42-48,000 commensurate with experience
• Healthcare benefit available
What we value
We don’t care about how many degrees you have, the color of your skin or the way you part your hair. We do care that you value diversity and inclusion, easily connecting with people from all walks of life.
How to apply?
Shoot an email to email@example.com. Tell us what makes you the “ideal person”, what excites you about this opportunity, and what you hope to have accomplished when you leave us. Please do NOT attach a resume. Instead, tell us something about yourself and what you’ve accomplished.
Our name says it all…we are a hub for social entrepreneurs. We help entrepreneurs build and scale businesses that have both a financial return and social impact. These “social ventures” make our community stronger, either through the people they employ or the products and services they provide. We advance startups in the region’s only accelerators purpose-built for social entrepreneurs: SustainableCincy and ElevateEquity.