Marketing Account Manager - Hospitality
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499396
Department: Housing Dining Recreation & Business Services
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Food Services
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Marketing Account Manager - Hospitality
Salary/Grade: $50,000 - $60,000
This position supports development, production, and implementation of tactical marketing initiatives aimed at increasing customer retention, strengthening brand image, improving margins, and increasing market share for assigned Miami University Campus Service Departments.
- Develop overall marketing strategy for client and implements the tactics that are established on a regular planning cycle. Weekly benchmarking the progress of department initiatives.
- Support sales initiatives, Campus Services events, and departmental events and projects with all specific university customer segments (i.e. students, parents, faculty, athletic, administrative staff, external clients, etc.).
- Execution of interactive and engaging events/projects by incorporating creative experiences to generate awareness, drive customer conversion, grow customer base, create followership, and increase brand loyalty.
- Conduct market research, including identifying trends and analyzing data, for use in future planning. Coordinates collection of data for development of unit-specific marketing calendar. Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual sales results and forecasts).
- Collaborates with Marketing team and peers to develop an inclusive communication strategy that includes multimedia, public relations, design, proofing, print production, distribution, and installation of collateral.
- Assists with account-specific websites and social media channels to promote both departmental programs, as well as all other initiatives to strengthen brand image.
- Responsibilities for maintaining departmental-specific budget lines and financials. Exhibits a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Marketing, Interactive Media studies, Public Relations, or Strategic Communication, Business Management with emphasis in Marketing etc.), and 1+ years of progressive experience in higher education or Marketing operations; OR
- Associate’s degree (or other technical degree) in a related field (Marketing, Interactive Media studies, Public Relations, or Strategic Communication, Business Management with emphasis in Marketing, etc.), and 3+ years of progressive experience in higher education or Marketing operations; OR
- 4+years of progressive experience in higher education or Marketing operations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and maintain a high level of productivity and quality, achieve success working without supervision and in a team environment, follow detailed instructions and retain information, and troubleshoot technical issues in order to move forward with a project.
- Familiarity of Adobe Creative Suite programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Basic understanding of Graphic Design and best practices.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 12 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time