Mgr of Comms and Marketing
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499508
Department: University Communications and Marketing
Location: Middletown, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Mgr of Comms and Marketing
Hours Per Week: 40
Reporting to the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communications with dotted line reporting to the Senior Director of Regional E-Campus, the Marketing and Communications Manager for Miami University Regionals E-Campus is responsible for developing integrated, comprehensive and omni-channel marketing communications plans designed to advance Miami University Regionals E-Campus mission and enrollment goals that expand the brand reputation regionally and nationally and increase access to and equity in higher education through a flexible, affordable model.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work model. Remote work is not a right, it is a work arrangement that can be modified or revoked by Miami University at any time for any reason, including the convenience of the University.
- Lead and implement integrated, comprehensive communication and marketing strategies for student recruitment and reputation building for Miami University Regionals E-Campus. – 70%
- In collaboration with the Vice President and Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, the Dean of Miami Regionals, the Senior Director of Miami University Regionals E-Campus, and the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing and Communication develop marketing and communications plans designed to achieve established enrollment growth goals.
- Create and strategically execute a plan to raise Miami University Regionals E-Campus public profile, visibility, and brand–recognition at the regional and national level using media relations, marketing and creative services, web and social media communication, targeted print and electronic communication, leadership communication, and other activities.
- Working with the Senior Director of Marketing, develop strategies for comprehensive marketing campaigns.
- Ensure communication industry best practices are followed and monitor campus communication for internal/external response and/or legal concerns.
- Work with colleagues across the university to advance university-wide communication and enrollment management strategies that advance Miami University Regionals E-Campus . – 10%
- Represent Miami University Regionals E-Campus through participation in regular meetings of university-wide communicators (remotely or in person).
- Collaborate with university-wide colleagues on special projects that support the growth of digital learning.
- Serve as a liaison between University Communications and Marketing and Senior Director of Miami University Regionals E-Campus. – 10%
- Develop and assess measurable goals and objectives that advance University Communications and Marketing’s Marketing Maturity Model. – 5%
- Other duties as assigned - 5%
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in communications, marketing, journalism, UI/UX or a related field.
- At least five years of professional communications, marketing, journalism or related experience.
- This position is not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, UI/UX or related field.
- Experience in public relations, marketing or communications at the level of director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience developing marketing or communications campaigns for online learning markets.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 10 Nov 2021 Eastern Standard Time