Senior Director- Culture Communications
The Sr. Director, Culture Communications will lead the internal communication strategy, with a focus on inspiring a culture reflective of a Great Place to Work. This position will work closely with the HR Leadership Team. They will develop and implement strategic content and programs that educate and inspire employees.
- Create a vision and roadmap in partnership with department leadership and HR leadership that provides direction and alignment of priorities with the internal communication strategy. Delivers communication strategy that includes a focus on developing and implementing content and programs that educate and inspire employees. Elevate reputation internally and externally to help make CCHMC a magnet employer for top talent locally, regionally and nationally.
Planning and Execution
- Create and lead strategic communication efforts in the employee journey from recruitment to retirement. Innovate and create in new channels, leading the way for effective communication to key audiences. Provide a vision for compelling storytelling approach to educate and inspire employees. Connect the dots across all employee communication requests and oversee the internal communications calendar and employee and clinician content strategy. Partner and provide strategic counsel to executives. Seek out opportunities to align and merge to create efficiency and consistently improve. Seek out best practices in HR communication. Regularly evaluate communication strategy and efforts and report results and associated recommendations for improvement.
- Provide leadership for direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with organizational strategies and communication frameworks. May manage the project budget. Develop project plans, resource allocation, and timeline. Manager the day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. May direct assigned project team ensuring effective utilization of resources. Reports on progress of the project to all stakeholders. Provides detailed communication plans to demonstrate the impact to clinical and research operations.
- In collaboration with leadership, develop, implement and evaluate the departments marketing and media budget to achieve the organizational and departmental objectives. Recommend support budgets to meet departmental needs. Implement solutions and accountable for compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures.
People Planning & Performance
- Creates a vision and roadmap for the team that provides direction and alignment of priorities with tactical and strategic objectives of the department and organization. Delegates responsibilities to reporting personnel; establish clear lines of responsibility and accountability. Elevates team members thinking and understanding of Institutional strategies and growth plans by infusing best practice knowledge into the work. Leads the selection, development, mentoring and coaching of direct and indirect reports.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 10+ years of related exp in a highly matrixed organization; experience managing teams
- Experience drafting, implementing and managing integrated, strategic communication plans
- Experience using data to inform decision-making
- Experience developing and implementing a strong and effective employer brand.
Cincinnati Children's is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).