Post Production Specialist
Job no: 498979
Department: eLearning Miami
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: PR, Media, Graphics, Communications, Other
Status: Full Time
Post-Production Specialist utilizes their expertise to enhance the Miami educational experience by helping to create engaging and innovative instructional videos. A Post-Production Specialist will be responsible for using your editorial experience to assist in designing videos for a variety of audiences. This role will need to be able to thrive as a self-starter while thinking of ways to improve processes and manage production timelines. The Post-Production Specialist serves as an integral member of the Miami Online Video Production team that is engaged in learning multimedia, learning innovation, and learning technology. The successful candidate is committed to a high standard of quality, and is comfortable editing independently and in a group setting. This position actively collaborates with members of the video production team and instructional designers, to support their creation of quality learning media and promotional content.
Manage and Support eLearning Post-Production:
• Help maintain the system for storing, organizing and tagging all gathered raw and edited visual assets in a consistent way that enables easy identification and access.
• Collaborate with video producers and/or instructional designers during video post-production including the selection of scenes, transitions, special effects, graphics, narration, voiceover, background music, and brand each video consistently in accordance with Miami’s brand standards.
• Support the creation and development of effective, engaging, and high-quality video and multimedia learning resources.
Manage and complete post-production of learning media and other special media projects:
• Coordinate with video team and instructional designers to complete eLearning projects.
• Help create engaging and effective learning materials and compelling course content in collaboration with subject matter experts.
Editing Video Content:
• Edit video in a variety of voices and styles, such as: narrative, sizzle reels, explainer videos, social content, promos or other content that aligns with department needs.
• Create animated and/or graphical elements.
• Working knowledge of industry best practices, codecs, camera types, media management.
• Collaborating with video production staff.
• Consult with members of the video production team to maintain a fluid post-production workflow.
• Collaborate with colleagues to infuse best practices in learning media and technology into new and existing initiatives.
• Comfortable working with a wide variety of technological skill levels, whether early adopters of emerging technologies or late adopters of established tech.
Exploring new and emerging post-production resources:
• Evaluate new and emerging technologies for potential adoption and use.
• Continually developing new and advanced skills in post-production.
Bachelor’s degree in communication, video production, media, or closely related field or 10 plus years of professional experience in communication, video production, media, or closely related field; Expert-level proficiency using video creation/editing software such as Final Cut Pro, AVID, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc. Position not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to a candidate who has project management experience, thorough knowledge of the post-production process, are comfortable working in Adobe Creative Suite specifically, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Audition, has knowledge of and experience in higher education or a similar field, experience working with members of a production team, including producers, videographers, and graphic designers, experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a plus, demonstrated ability to work with multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with others, in a variety of contexts (e.g., one-on-one, small groups) to accomplish goals, ability to organize and pay attention to details, familiarity with post-production workflow and content management.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Kim Cochran at email@example.com
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applicants will begin July 27, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 19 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time