Bilingual Case Worker - Emergency Assistance Services
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Bilingual Case Worker—Emergency Assistance Services for Su Casa Hispanic Center. APPLY Today! Send resume to email@example.com
This position will assist Hispanic/Latino individuals, children, and families from low-income backgrounds connect with and gain access to all available benefits, employment, school enrollment, and financial assistance. The case worker will assist individuals and families in situational challenges present due to poverty, immigration status, language/cultural barriers, and navigating different systems in the community. The Bilingual case worker will serve as the first point of contact for clients and refer clients either internally or externally for additional services.
This position is based out of our Mid Pointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237), normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, 37. 5 hours per week, non-exempt, and reports to the Case Management Supervisor – Su Casa Hispanic Center.
Essential Job Functions:
- Become familiar with social programs, healthcare, and educational services available to the Hispanic/ Latino community in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Provide emergency assistance services to individuals and families such as: information and referrals, sight translation of documents such as bills, notary services, Medicaid applications, Job and Family Services applications for food and financial assistance, school enrollment for children, passport applications and deportation safety planning, assist with police reports, and advocate for survivors of intimate partner violence.
- Assist individuals with job readiness training and employment search.
- Assist in the planning and execution of MARCC ID Drives.
- Represent Su Casa at various agency and community partner events, including presentations on Su Casa services and other topics relevant to the work of Su Casa Hispanic Center and Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio.
- Document services in the appropriate format for internal and external requirements.
- Formulate reports as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field, or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish and English
- Intermediate level of computer skills
- Valid notary license or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment
- Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
- See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents
- Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Starting pay range for this position is between $17.50$18.40/hour, depending upon experience.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.