Job Readiness Coordinator
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Job Readiness Coordinator with our Refugee Resettlement Program.
As the official refugee resettlement agency for the Greater Cincinnati area, Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio has resettled over 12,000 refugees since 1980. Catholic Charities is ready to welcome and support them to rebuild a new life in Greater Cincinnati. There is already a pipeline of refugees fleeing from other countries whom we are resettling, including the Congo, Syria and Sudan. We know Cincinnati is a welcoming and generous community.
Come and join our team! There is an opportunity for you to participate in our mission for world class compassion and hospitality. As the Job Readiness Coordinator, you will develop and deliver services including job readiness, financial literacy and digital literacy classes. The position is responsible for recruiting and training volunteers to assist in delivering classes and ensuring all job readiness services are accurately reported and monitored in the appropriate data base system. Working collaboratively with the Case Management Supervisor and other resettlement staff, the Job Readiness Coordinator will develop and revise class materials in response to client and employer needs; and works to facilitate the removal of barriers and prepare clients for employment and enhance their career path development.
This position will work out of our Cincinnati MidPointe office location (7162 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45237) normal working schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30-pm, and reports to the Case management Supervisor.
CCSWOH offers comprehensive benefits package including group health, dental, vision insurance, 401k employer contribution, employee assistance plan, life insurance, and disability coverage. Visit https://benefits.catholiccincinnati.org/ to view specifics on group insurance coverage. Immediate eligibility of 15 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays per year.
- Develop and deliver culturally and linguistically appropriate instruction virtually and/or in-person focused on employment readiness and financial literacy classes.
- Develop and deliver digital literacy classes, including laptop and cell phone literacy, with the goal of clients accessing online English classes.
- Develop culturally and linguistically appropriate curriculum and resources for employment readiness, financial literacy, digital literacy, and other programs as assigned.
- Monitors client attendance and progress.
- Recruits, trains and supervises volunteer teachers.
- Manages technology resources for clients, including, but not limited to, loaner chrome books and hot spots.
- Lead or supervise classes as appropriate in coordination with other staff, volunteers and outside presenters.
- Utilizes volunteers and outside presenters as appropriate and necessary.
- Keeps records, monitors client progress, reports outcomes, makes reports in accordance with Agency guidelines and funding requirements on all services provided, and provides timely Agency statistics on the delivery of these services.
- Provides additional assistance with employment services as time allows.
- Collaborate with other RRS staff as needed to ensure that clients are receiving the services they need to achieve their goals.
- Collaborates with CCSWO Education Services to ensure clients are adequately prepared to participate in online ESOL classes
- Attends all appropriate meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, education or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in teaching classes to adult learners and developing class material. Experience in using Whatsapp, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Suite applications including Google Meets and Google Classroom.
- Ability to conduct group and one-on-one education and training sessions.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Office, Excel, Database management, and computer-based client tracking systems.
- Proficiency working with various cellphone and smartphone technology.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to manage workflow and prioritize workload.
- Culturally competent to work with diverse, international clients and individuals with limited English proficiency.
- Ability to work with clients with low literacy skills.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues
Must be able to meet the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
Talk to other employees/clients and hear them;
See and be able to read, write, and interpret written documents;
Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
About Catholic Charities and Organizational Responsibility:
For more than 100 years, Catholic Charities has served the Archdiocese of Cincinnati. Our programs have changed over the years, but our commitment to serve the poor, protect the vulnerable and welcome the stranger has not wavered. Our mission is to Serve, Enlighten and Empower. We serve local families and change local lives.
Employees of Catholic Charities Southwestern Ohio will have knowledge of the Catholic faith, a willingness to work for a Catholic, faith-based agency and adhere to the policies of Catholic Charities. Employees will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
Starting pay range for this position is between $15.00-$18.50/hr, depending upon experience.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements Human Resources at email@example.com. Position will be open until filled.
Catholic Charities Southwest Ohio is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disabled/Vets.