Manager, Non-Profit Services
Non-Profit Services Division
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $300 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
The Manager is a pivotal role supporting Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division and is responsible for managing fundraising for a portfolio of leading non-profits primarily located in the Cincinnati region.
The Manager position is a unique opportunity to deepen your awareness and knowledge of the non-profit and philanthropic sectors while helping to make signature community projects happen. The Manager will work with non-profits of varying sizes and across a diverse range of sectors, and with some of our community’s top donors and leaders.
The Manager will have significant experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously to successfully meet project goals. The ideal candidate will possess a desire to provide the highest quality service, strategic counsel and results to help clients make a positive impact in their community.
The Manager is part of a client-facing project team, responsible for executing tasks and strategy necessary to meet the needs of the assigned projects while delivering a high-quality client experience. Though specific responsibilities will vary for each project, the following areas of responsibility provide an overview of the type of work that this role will be responsible for delivering.
- Manages a portfolio of fundraising strategy projects, working with members of the Non-Profit Services team to ensure all project deliverables are performed at a superior quality, on-time and exceed the expectations of the client
- Leads communication with clients serving as point-of-contact to keep clients abreast of project status and next steps
- Collaborates with leadership to develop plans and strategies, providing input on recommendations for clients
- Facilitates client meetings and manages preparation for client and donor meetings
- Conducts research and analysis to guide projects; evaluates clients’ donor and revenue trends; conducts prospect research; analyzes comparative organizations
- Supports the development of project timelines and manages day-to-day project workflow
- Develops prospect pipelines, schedules donor meetings, manages meetings and other fundraising tasks
- Works with team to develop messaging strategies and draft donor communications
- Manages all aspects of grant strategy and development including authoring and submitting proposals and reports and recommending donor cultivation
- Supports various aspects of fundraising execution that may include creation of direct mail appeals, development processes, and management of major gifts.
- Collaborates with Non-Profit Services team to develop and adapt processes and procedures for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Performs any other necessary project work and duties to meet the needs of the client
The Manager participates in and actively exemplifies Ignite Core Principles:
- Solutions Driven – Our work is rooted in our ability to develop solutions to help our clients achieve their philanthropic goals. We take the lead in co-creating the path to our clients’ success.
- Adaptive – Building the right strategy requires us to remain humble, so we may continually learn and adapt. We embrace listening, questioning, and experimentation as the foundation of our adaptive mindset.
- Team-Centered – Philanthropy is a team sport – no single individual has the knowledge and experience to successfully navigate all aspects of our work. We thrive by taking a team approach, ensuring that we bring diverse tools and talent to successfully tackle our clients’ complex challenges.
- Service Minded – Through the generosity of our clients, we serve our community by maximizing the power of giving. We lead by example, personifying the spirit of the sector we serve.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
Ignite Philanthropy seeks an individual who is inspired by the impact of the non-profit sector and is driven to deliver highly professional work. The Manager will part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced environment, and will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal direction, and successfully meet project goals and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and anticipate next steps in complex processes.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to deliver work of the highest quality.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to balance demands of multiple client projects at the same time, while still reaching internal and external deadlines and goals.
- A willingness to accept feedback and a desire to learn and improve continuously.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in being part of a growing company.
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector, with an emphasis on experience in development or institutional advancement.
- Candidates will likely have experience working in the development department of a non-profit organization or have served in a development capacity on a non-profit’s Board of Directors.
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst internal team, clients, and external stakeholders.
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of non-profit fundraising experience or proven related project management experience, with progressive increase in responsibilities throughout career tenure
- Exceptional writing and professional communication skills; ability to adapt writing style depending on audience needs
- Desire to work in a team environment to achieve objectives and effectively anticipate client and donor expectations
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative analysis and research skills
- Strong presentation skills and display of professionalism
- Non-profit grant and proposal writing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
SALARY & BENEFITS
Ignite Philanthropy offers a competitive comprehensive employee benefits package:
- The salary range for the Manager position is $45,000 - $65,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Ignite offers the following benefits to employees:
- Elective health, dental and vision insurance (75% of the employee’s premium is employer paid).
- Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% of the premium is employer-paid).
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a 4% employer contribution that employees may elect to participate in the quarter immediately following their hire date.
- Discretionary annual bonus and profit-sharing contribution.
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays, which includes six (6) business days at the end of the calendar year.
- 120 hours of paid leave (PTO) used for vacations and planned absences.
- Flexible Discretionary Leave used for short-term health-related or personal absences.
- Eight (8) hours of Volunteer Leave used for volunteering in the community.
- Twelve (12) weeks of partially paid Parental Leave.
- Ignite provides the following stipends to offset employee’s costs:
- Home Office/Technology Stipend - $400/one-time, upon hire
- Parking Stipend - $80/month
- Phone/Internet Stipend - $50/month
- Wellness Reimbursement - $200/annually
- Ignite is fully committed to employees’ growth and offers opportunities for continued professional development.
- Ignite supports a flexible work environment. However, Ignite’s business and client needs will need to be supported through attending in-person meetings, as well as completing office-based projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications early. To apply, please complete the online application at https://ignitephilanthropy.bamboohr.com/jobs/.