Patient Care Assistant
“That Moment When you realize what it means to make an impact.”
“Patient Care Assistants are lifesavers for our patients, nursing staff, and management teams. They add their personal touch to every patient’s life and are the continuum in the care provided.”
—RN staff At The Christ Hospital Health Network (TCHHN), we are invested in your career growth, development, and advancement. Our Patient Care Assistants (PCA) have the opportunity to…
• Be in a powerful and robust Career Path.
• Learn the basic functional skills needed to perform the clinical aspects of the job, gain acute care experience, and work closely with the patient care team as a new PCA.
• Grow your clinical skills, participate in unit projects and initiatives, as well as become a mentor and leader among your team as you progress through the career path.
Here’s what you’ll do…
• Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
• Demonstrate behavioral competencies such as collaboration, effective communication, customer service, adaptability, and accountability.
• Provide and promote individual patient and unit safety.
• Provide comfort and personal hygiene for patients, as well as document according to policy.
• Orient patients and families to the hospital environment and services provided, facilitate communication throughout the entire hospitalization process.
Here’s what we need from you to get started…
• Required Minimum Education: High School graduate or GED equivalent.
• Years of Experience: None required (0-1 years)
• Licenses/Certifications Required: Certification in AHA Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (not required before or upon hire but required before patient contact.) *We will do the training for this during Orientation.*