Teaching Faculty Position for the Hybrid Accelerated BSN Program
As a Catholic Jesuit university, Xavier University is committed to educational excellence, the service of faith and the promotion of justice, and therefore, the dignity of every individual. Xavier University consequently envisions itself as an equitable and inclusive community of learners. In as much as it brings these mission-driven values into focus, our diversity vision is fundamental to the overall mission and vision of the University. Xavier University has a strong commitment to diversity and, building upon recent success, seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women and minorities.
The College of Nursing (CoN) at Xavier University is seeking experienced, innovative, and highly motivated fulltime, 12-month, non-tenure track, teaching faculty to teach in our Accelerated BSN (ABSN) program. The CoN offers the ABSN program as a hybrid program at three locations in Ohio including Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Columbus. The primary responsibility of the teaching faculty is teaching in the clinical/lab and/or didactic courses. The desired specialty area for the successful candidate includes expertise in acute care/critical care nursing. Candidates with expertise in more than one specialty area are highly desirable. Successful candidates are expected to teach didactic courses and/or lab/simulation/clinical instructions as needed. Didactic courses are offered online, whereas simulation, lab, and clinical are in-person. Faculty are expected to maintain office hours and have a physical presence on one of the campuses for at least two days per week in one of the three locations for the program. The candidate is not expected to travel to the three campuses.
The teaching faculty will receive time off throughout the academic year as approved by the ABSN program director during the 12-month contract. The teaching faculty is not evaluated with respect to scholarship yet is expected to engage in ongoing professional development appropriate to nursing and engage in service for the program, college, and institution. Nursing teaching professors serve as course coordinators/leads, faculty mentors, maintain frequent contact with adjunct faculty in clinical courses, responsible for course syllabus, teaching and providing guidance for the students, course revisions and evaluation, and assessment of students’ learning.
The successful candidate is expected to meet the technical standards for the college of nursing to be able to perform the duties and responsibilities of the teaching faculty.
Desired clinical areas of expertise include adult acute care, medical-surgical, and/or critical care nursing. Candidates with expertise in more than one specialty area are highly desired.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in Ohio or be eligible to be licensed and practice in Ohio.
- A graduate degree in nursing from an accredited program is required
- Minimum of three years of experience as a registered nurse in adult acute care/medical-surgical and/or critical care.
- A doctoral degree in nursing or a related field or a plan for completing a doctoral program is desired.
- Two years of previous teaching experience in nursing is preferred.
- Experience with hybrid and online pedagogy, and adult teaching is desired.
- Experience using simulation is a plus.
- Knowledge of curriculum development, methods of teaching, and evaluation are desired.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative team.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website. Applications will be reviewed beginning on January 30, 2023. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees will be required to provide vaccination status upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.