Manager, College of Professional Sciences Operations
Xavier University is part of the 500-year-old Jesuit Catholic tradition of academic excellence in the liberal arts and is strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. These values are central to our mission. We strive for a climate of respect and inclusiveness that welcomes and supports members from diverse backgrounds and life experiences, is committed unreservedly to open and free inquiry, and deliberately seeks out multiple perspectives.
Xavier University’s College of Professional Sciences is currently seeking a full time Operations Manager in the Office of the Dean. This position provides daily financial and operations support, oversees college finances, directs and maintains records and documents for the College in support of the functions of the Dean. The ideal candidate looks forward to new challenges and finds satisfaction in dealing with both daily tasks and emerging demands for the Dean’s Office.
- Must be proficient in a broad range of administrative tasks and budgetary administration. Coordinate the daily operations of the college through work flow and forms.
- Serves as the operations manager between the Dean and the Provost’s offices, 10 College departments, 2 Centers, and Financial Budget and Planning offices.
- Management of short-term and long-term projects that involve large teams of staff and faculty working to manage college operations—including budgetary and academic—and to accomplish specific college goals.
- Takes a leadership role to direct projects within the Dean’s office and across the college, to foster collaboration among the college staff and to provide ongoing training and direction for the college’s support staff (numbering approximately 15 individuals)
- Works directly with Department and program chairs and other directors to insure their timely completion of assessment, budget, and other reports.
- High School required. An associate degree or above preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and numerical skills
- Strong budgetary and financial knowledge/experiences along with advanced Microsoft office skills in Outlook, Word and Excel are required. Must have strong customer service skills. Other task-oriented duties are assigned as needed.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and phone numbers for three professional references on Xavier University’s website by December 2, 2021. Candidates are asked to include their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xavier University will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 3, 2022. Newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination upon on-boarding. Vaccine exemptions may be granted for medical or religious reasons.