Job no: 499256
Department: Global Initiatives
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Office, Clerical, Administrative Support, Other
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Operations Manager
Operations Manager who provides functional oversight and management of the Global Initiatives Advising and Consulting Center and staff, as well as technical, accounting, and data support. The Operations Manager manages credit workshop courses in Banner and registration support, non-credit programming, and serves as a passport acceptance agent. Global Initiatives at Miami University has diversity as a core value and the Operations Manager is a member of a team that is building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for students, staff, and faculty through programming which exposes constituents to a broad range of ways of engaging with the world and the diversity it presents.
- Manage and coordinate operations and systems to support excellent support service for students, faculty, and staff. Including:
- Passport Acceptance Agent.
- Process personnel functions for Global Initiatives. (Appointments, searches, posting staff and student positions, classified and student time approvals, etc.)
- Manage proactive client and customer service for all units within Global Initiatives. Troubleshoot all student, faculty, staff, and constituent issues and ensure follow through to resolution.
- Coordinate technological support for hardware, and software, provide technology assistance to staff. Maintain inventory.
- Provide education abroad and international student support and services.
- Credit workshop course building and registration support and oversight of registration specialist functions and tasks.
- Audit and oversee workshop program fee collection process, including reporting, and facilitate process for financial aid and scholarships provided for program fees.
- Non-credit programming coordination.
- Collaborate and consult with faculty and staff to develop non-credit programs, including budget development and implementation.
- Manage registration and payment processes, including all related functions in Cvent (non-credit registration software.)
- Data reporting and accounting.
- Training and assistance to university staff in technology-based specialized systems unique to continuing education and international programs.
- Functional supervision of classified support staff, including administrative assistant and front office support staff.
Associate’s degree and at least three years of related experience or 8+ years of related professional experience, supervisory skills, and budget development and management experience. Must be U.S. citizen to serve as Passport Acceptance Center agent.
Consideration may be given to candidates with at least five years of administrative support for senior level management; Knowledge of Miami University’s policies and procedures, and systems including Banner, Buyway, Business Intelligence Database, Page Up, Chrome River, and 25Live; Experience with continuing education programming, data collection, and accounting; office management experience; customer service expertise; programming and/or event management; excellent verbal/written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical skills; ability to work under pressure; ability to proactively resolve problems and follow through to resolution; high level of organizational and public relations skills; knowledge of office procedures and protocol; ability to interact effectively with diverse members of the University community and outside constituencies; ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to respond with precision and accuracy to deadlines having a short duration; knowledge of computer and office applications; research skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Donna Gouvan at email@example.com
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin September 28, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time