Freedom Store Specialist -Natl Underground Railroad Freedom Center
Freedom Store Specialist
Reports to: Freedom Store Manager
Department: Museum Store
FLSA Status: PT/Non-exempt
Rate of Pay: $13.00/hour
The Freedom Store Specialist (PT) works in the Museum Store at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. The Specialist must work to deliver a sales experience to our guests and members while maximizing sales. The specialist is responsible for providing excellent hospitality and service, and providing a safe, friendly, and clean environment,
- Provide timely assistance to customers regarding merchandise inquiries
- Operate POS register system for retail
- Prepares store for opening by restocking merchandise, checking inventory and supply levels and providing general housekeeping.
- Demonstrates knowledge of product, current exhibitions, and store/museum policies.
- Keeps up to date with price changes, sale items, and new items
- Assisting with inventory process.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and efficiently operating workspace
- Follow all loss prevention and cash handling policies and procedures, including completing transactions, making change, counting tills, and securing cash and currency.
- Required to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience in customer service or retail preferred
- Previous cash handling experience and some experience with a Point of Sale sales system a plus.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution and interfacing with a diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast-paced situations or during periods of change.
- Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including Weekends, with the possibility of some evenings and holidays.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our organization, community, and employees. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
NURFC is an EOE employer and does not discriminate against any person or group based on age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or genetic information. NURFC is building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.?
Please apply at https://www.cincymuseum.org