1st Shift Public Safety Officer
All positions listed here are current openings. We only accept applications and resumes for positions that are listed. Applications for positions that are not listed will not be processed. Due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding the status of applications or more detailed information about positions.
Cincinnati Museum Center and The National Underground Railroad Freedom Center are Equal Opportunity Employers.
1st SHIFT PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (7AM - 3PM) $12/HOUR
- Perform First Aid in emergencies as needed, in alignment with CMC policies and procedures.
- Patrol 500,000 square foot building and grounds, open heavy doors, climb steep stairs and ladders to complete indoor and outdoor security rounds.*
- Inspect for security issues, including unlocked doors, unsecure areas, and unauthorized access.
- Generate written reports in a clear and precise manner.* i.e., Accident / Injury reports, Daily activity logs, and investigation report supplements.
- Coordinate effectively with other staff to solve problems, including through telephone, walkie-talkie, and base station radio microphone.*
- Monitor video surveillance, alarm systems, and access control systems.*
- Respond to alarms and security issues, including but not limited to guests in restricted areas, unlocked doors, fire alarms, hostile guests or employees, and damage, destruction, or vandalism of museum property and exhibits.*
- Maintain key log, and control badge and key access.
- Operate fire alarm system.*
- Operate intrusion alarm system.*
- Make identification badges and format security clearances.
- Work with other museum staff to ensure that all egress paths for fire safety are planned for and executed properly during emergencies.
- Other security and safety duties as assigned by Public Safety Supervisor and Director of Public Safety.
- Candidate must prioritize and demonstrate the five Building Organizational Excellence (B.O.E.) tenants of “Safety, Hospitality, Engaging, Effectiveness, and Creditability” while conducting CMC business.
- Maintain “Lost and Found” storage system. Assist guests and employees with questions or concerns regarding museum business, including but not limited to directions, loading and unloading, special events, parking, and museum services.
- Assist vehicle lock-outs.
- Assist stranded train passengers, or early passengers.
- Present a neat, clean, and non-threatening appearance for employees and guests.
- Interact with a wide range of personalities in a friendly and customer service oriented manner.
- Other customer service duties as assigned by Public Safety Supervisor and Director of Public Safety.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in security or a related field, including law enforcement, fire, military, or EMS.
- Must pass a background check.
- Be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, and safe driving history.
- Be CPR, AED, and First Aid certified, or willing to become certified.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with the use of personal computers and standard software such as word processor, database, email, web browsers, and spread sheet programs.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, especially during emergencies.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively solve multiple issues simultaneously.
- Normal office environment when doing administrative tasks associated with this position.
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move briskly through the building, climb ladders and stairs, and respond quickly to alarms or emergencies that require security involvement, including the ability to physically assist in evacuating patrons or staff in need.
- May be exposed to all weather conditions when performing rounds and duties outside.
- May be exposed to loud noises and a noisy office environment.
- May work flexible hours on various shifts and various days. Weekend and
- Holiday, and Evening work may be regularly required.
- May be exposed to hostile or uncooperative guests and employees.
- Hear normal conversation (Hearing aids acceptable)
- Be able to bend, stoop, or work with hands above shoulder level.
- Be able to perform physical duties, including but not limited to ability to safely lift and operate a 50 pound fire extinguisher, lift and carry a small child (50 pounds) to safety, place a person of at least 100 pounds into a wheel chair, administer basic first aid, and administer advanced first aid when properly trained.