Assistant Swimming Coach
Assistant Swimming Coach
Job no: 498944
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Hours Per Week: Full-time
- To assist the head swimming coach in the administration
- and operation of the swimming program consistent with the policies of Miami University,
- the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and other appropriate governing bodies
- (i.e. Mid-American Conference)
- This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Assist the head coach in the planning and administration of daily workouts.
- Assist in team travel under the direction of the head coach.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Assist in equipment ordering, tracking and distribution.
- Assist in academic monitoring.
- Monitor, track and submit CARA logs weekly.
- Plan team functions throughout the season (i.e. team building, banquet, etc.) including reservations of facilities.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the team’s social media platforms and coordinate messaging with the sports information department.
- Work with the head coach to develop and distribute newsletters for various publics.
- Meet entry submissions through Hy-Tek.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Execute all necessary responsibilities in the absence of the head coach.
- Conduct the swimming program in accordance with all NCAA rules, including attendance at compliance meetings, appropriate record keeping for recruiting and playing/practice season, monitoring eligibility of student-athletes in the program, successfully completing the annual NCAA Certification test, and assisting in the education of student-athletes about NCAA rules and participate in department activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
Bachelor's degree; experience coaching at the collegiate, high school, club level and/or equivalent professional experience; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and promote an inclusive work environment.
Master's Degree; experience coaching at the Division I level.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 07 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time