Associate Head or Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
Job no: 501845
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
To assist the head coach in the administration and operation of the women's basketball program consistent with the policies of Miami University, the NCAA, and other appropriate governing bodies (i.e. Mid-American Conference).
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Participates in the administration and organization of the Women's Basketball program to include:
- Identify and recruit student athletes to be considered for a scholarship
- Actively participates in coaching activities within practice and games
- Provides assistance regarding game strategy
- Scouting and video responsibilities
- Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, MAC and University rules and regulations
- Monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Participating in departmental activities to include service on committees and attendance at all scheduled departmental and team meetings
- Budgeting responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head Coach
Additional duties for Associate Head Coach Level:
- Lead the women’s basketball program in all duties in the absence of the head coach
- Act as the program’s recruiting coordinator
- Assist head coach with the areas of equipment, strength & conditioning, academic support, athletic communications, fundraising & alumni relations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of competitive schedules that comply with NCAA and MAC rules
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in recruiting, coaching or related fields (for Associate Head Coach, experience coaching basketball at the high school, collegiate or professional level)
- Master's Degree
- Collegiate coaching experience (for Associate Head Coach, Division I coaching experience)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and promote an inclusive work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 04 May 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
This Organization Participates in E-Verify.