Asst Athletic Trainer
Job no: 499235
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Asst Athletic Trainer
Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to participating in Miami University Intercollegiate Athletic program. Supervision of student athletic trainers in clinical and educational setting and possibly teaching courses in the athletic training curriculum. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, travel with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contest and providing services at camps.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Reports to: Associate Dir of Wellness Services/Head Athletic Trainer
- Supervise the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations and health appraisals.
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician
- Provide medical coverage for practices and contests as designated.
- Supervise the medical coverage of teams as designated
- Provide medical coverage for home practices and contests as directed by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Head Athletic Trainer and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physician, athletes, Coaches, and the Head Athletic Trainer
- Communicate and coordinate, with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies.
- Assist in recruiting of prospective student trainers.
- Assist in supervision of athletic training students in educational and clinical settings.
- Providing services at camps.
- Maintain certification in the National Athletic Trainers' Association
- Maintain State of Ohio Licensure as an athletic trainer
- Assure that all appropriate NCAA rules and regulations are followed as they apply to the sports medicine program
- Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
- Participate in activities as requested by the Miami Red and White Club.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic administration
- Certification by the National Trainers Association, meet qualifications to be licensed as an athletic trainer in the State of Ohio.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Successful experience as an undergraduate student athletic trainer
- Master Degree with experience in athletic training at the collegiate level
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 08 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time