Asst Dir Sports/Facility Srvs
Job no: 499280
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Asst Dir Sports/Facility Srvs
The Assistant Director provides the athletic department support in the following areas: facilities, events, equipment, and camps.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Order, issue, inventory, maintain, repair and launder athletic equipment & apparel for various sports in an assigned location.
- Sole point of contact for assigned sports in the following areas--Equipment, Facilities and Event Management.
- Assist in supervising student employees by coordinating the interview process, providing daily support and instruction, scheduling and overall planning. Will also supervise, train, develop, & budget assigned student employees as well.
- Assume primary game manager responsibilities for home athletic events. Includes preparing game day materials and execution of game day protocols, trouble shooting and problem solving event related issues.
- Staff Student Group Support at games as needed.
- Assist in assigned/specified teams sports equipment budget & billing. Assist/build and grow relationships with on-campus and external vendors.
- Participate in weekly game operations meetings.
- Serve as assistant facility manager for competition, practice, equipment and locker room facilities for assigned sports.
- Assist with the organization and execution of the University's Commencement ceremonies and serve as ambassador to ICA's mission of "Graduating Champions".
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master's degree
Less than 12 months experience in sports/athletic administration, physical education, game operations, athletic facility management
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact ADAFacultyStaff@Miamioh.edu or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 08 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time