COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
All employees and students must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Employees must have received at least the first dose of the vaccine before beginning on-campus employment, be fully vaccinated within 30 days of beginning employment and provide proof of vaccination, unless exempted as provided for in Miami University's COVID19 Vaccination Program and Policy. If you need additional information regarding exemptions, please contact AcademicPersonnel@miamioh.edu or Employment@miamioh.edu.
Job no: 499688
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Athletics, Recreation
Status: Full Time
Job Title: Equipment Coordinator
Hours Per Week: Full-time
Manages the equipment for Football and other sport(s) as assigned. Orders, maintains, and repairs footwear, apparel, and sport specific equipment for assigned teams and departments. Launders practice/workout apparel and team uniforms. Individually sizes and fits protective equipment for student athletes. Equipment coverage for home competitions and travel to attend away competitions in accordance with team equipment needs. Purchases equipment, contacts vendors, prepares orders, and assists in developing budgets for assigned sports. Receives and inspects deliveries. Maintains an accurate inventory of all items received and issued in ACS/FR Trac inventory software and provides inventory issuance reports for department taxation requirements. Supervises student managers and coordinates equipment needs for practice, games, and team travel.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollege Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with coaches, staff, and student-athletes to proactively and effectively address the apparel and equipment needs of assigned intercollegiate athletic football program and other sports as assigned, including: fitting of, purchasing, receiving, issuing, returns, maintenance, and repairs of equipment.
- Ensure all athletic apparel and equipment which includes, but not limited to, uniforms, helmets, decals, banners and logos comply with conference and NCAA regulations along with University brand and licensing directives.
- Assist with practice and game laundry
- Keep accurate inventory on all apparel, footwear, equipment, and accessory items for assigned teams.
- Assist in the embellishment process of team issues apparel and equipment.
- Assist in the supervision and scheduling of student employees and interns.
- Attend football practices and contests
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the apparel and equipment budget pertaining to assigned sports teams.
- Assist with the fitting of, maintenance, and repairs to football protective equipment.
- Evening and weekend hours with team travel is required.
- Knowledge of NCAA, conference and NOCSAE rules and regulations
- Football responsibilities with tennis and/or golf oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience: Experience in an intercollegiate or professional equipment room.
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Policy.
- Experience working with FCS, FBS, or Professional Football Team
- Experience in packing, logistics and planning for away contest for football
- Experience leading and supervising student employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and promote an inclusive environment.
- AEMA certified or ability to be certified within one year from hire date
- Knowledge of issuing, fitting, cleaning and maintaining athletic apparel and equipment
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach resume and three employment references
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).